Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jws1129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Small brown worms only at night on my porch and sidwalks
    Samll brown worms with legs have shhownup on my screened in porch and my front porch they crwl up in a coil whe I kill them how do I get rid of them
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 3, 2010, 02:55 AM

That's a common description of millipedes. There are lots of species worldwide. Look:

Image Search Results

The best thing to do to get rid of them is to dry up the areas around your porches. Gardners say if it's wet enough for bugs it's too wet for plants. Mulch should be turned if not removed, drainage from a/c units should be directed away from the building, and rainfall runoff should also be redirected.

If you wish to use a pesticide, the lawn and garden stores sell many types of granular insecticides that will work as well as anything on these creatures. Liquid sprays will only make the problem worse as they add more moisture to an already wet environment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's that movie called where a small redneck town is attacked by worms? Not tremers [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this a while ago and never finished it, It is about these worms that attack a redneck town, and kill people. Its not tremors, that much I'm sure of because these were small worms

Small salamanders that look like worms [ 3 Answers ]

My parents live in Oakland cal and they found a creature that looks like an earth worm. It has bulgy eyes and a face of a crocodile it has two small feet in front and two small feet in back. One way you look at it, it looks like a salamander then you look at it again and it looks like a worm. ...

How to get rid of small brown worms found everywhere in our house? [ 2 Answers ]

They show up everywhere. Have been seeing these nasty, maybe 1 in. brown worms in our house and am wondering if it's dangerous for our dog and if we need to call a bug guy of some sort to get rid of them. HELP!

1/2" small brown worms [ 1 Answers ]

I've lived in this house for 6 years never saw this before. It's November and small 1/2" worms have come out around my house. I found them first on my garage door frame. Next day they were there in the hundreds; I sprayed, swept. Next day more worm things, again the hundreds... ANY Ideas! What...

View more questions Search