Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    pleasewhyme's Avatar
    pleasewhyme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 26, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Deleting name of recently died spouse on house deed
    My husband recently paased away after a about with cancer. I was told to have his name removed from our house deed, which we jointly owned. Was just wondering how to go about this, like who to contact or go to for this process. Thanks for your help and god bless.
    Dragonfire24's Avatar
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3
    Junior Member

    Dec 26, 2006, 09:07 AM
    With a copy of the death certificate and the deed you may be able to have a real estate agent change it. I think that is what you could do anyway.. You could always call and ask. Otherwise you will need to talk to a lawyer. Hope this helps.

    Sorry about your loss by the way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would you buy a house where someone was murdered/died? [ 21 Answers ]

I just am curious what everyone thinks, would you buy a house where someone died in it recently? How about a house where someone was murdered or committed suicide? My answers: I live in a house where someone died, but peacefully of old age... I would not buy a house where someone was murdered...

How to add spouses name to deed on house... [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how to go about adding my name to the deed of our house. Who would I see... realtor, title company... and what forms do we need to fill out?

Add my husband to the deed of my house [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can add my husband to the deed of my house. Thanks, Judy

How to add spouse's name to deed on house [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about adding my name to the deed on my home? It is only in my husbands name. We moved in the house together 28 years ago. We have been married 26 years. The house is paid for.

Need to Deed a House back to the bank [ 5 Answers ]

I currently own 2 properties and I need to sell one of them. It is a condo in Howell MI. We have tired everything to try and sell the property from paying closing costs to increasing the commission for the agents selling or buying the property. We have run out of ideas and money and now we need to...

View more questions Search