Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmyyaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 02:10 PM
    does norton antivirus software remove viruses
    So I have a virus that goes on my msn account and sends random people links. I've been told to install Norton Antivirus to delete the virus then uninstal messenger and reinstall it. Will this completely remove the virus?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 29, 2010, 02:56 PM
    You would have thought so seeing as they are one of the most well known ANTI-VIRUS providers.

Are you actually running any sort of AV protection?
    mmyyaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 03:29 PM

Well currently I only have rogers online protection but I don't think it delete's the virus. I've tried to uninstall messenger but for some reason it doesn't get uninstalled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does norton antivirus remove viruses [ 2 Answers ]

My computer says it has about 40 viruses on it and it keeps getting more and things pop up every ten seconds about it, I don't know how it got all these viruses, and now I can't go on things on my computer such as itunes and other things like that because it says its infected by viruses. But is...

Kaspersky antivirus 2009 won't let me disinfect or delete viruses and trojans found. [ 5 Answers ]

I discovered some virus and Trojan on my computer. My Norton and AVG free couldn't find it. I'm kind of disappointed in Norton, it can't detect anything but a few tracking cookies. So I got Kaspersky antivirus 2009 and did a full system scan. After everything's done, I open up the detected list. I...

Does norton antivirus 2009 remove viruses that are present in your computer? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have a virus in my computer now. I tried all the things people had told me to do and nothing has worked so far. So I want to buy norton antivirus 2009 but I need to know if it only blocks viruses or does it take them out as well if they are present in your computer? If it does how does it work...

Norton antivirus [ 2 Answers ]

Since I installed the upgrade on my 2006 norton internet secutiy, I have been getting these error messages about LuCallBackProxy module. Went to symantec knowledge base and nothing comes up. This is getting stupid

Unable to uninstall norton antivirus from add and remove [ 2 Answers ]

Dell XP pro virus infected PC, While installing Norton System Works PC went Blank and asked for a restart but installation didn't take place. Asking for a Fresh installation after uninstalling previous. Unable to uninstall after repeated Try i.e restart etc.

View more questions Search