Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmclay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 05:20 AM
    My 22 year daughter met a army man on the internet and moving to Texas
    My daughter is moving to Texas with an Army man who she met on line. He says he is divored with a son. He has a caretaker who watches him but seems like a girlfriend. My daughter is leaving a great family and going somewhere where she knows no one. She quit her part time job and college for this man she never met. The family fights all the time. She also has school loans in our name and I'm very concerned who will be paying them?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2010, 05:23 AM

But she is 22 and you no longer control her life. You can advise and worry ad be there for her if she comes running home in tears. But this is what comes with being a parent.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 05:26 AM

Second what scott said...

Having a Caretaker on an Army Salary? Unless he is a high ranking officer.. That Ain't happening, they don't make that kind of money. Hopefully she won't be pregnant when she comes running back home. SHe's getting bamboozled, and not by a very smooth guy either... "Caretaker"... thats about the worst line I've heard a guy come up with to explain a wife or girlfriend yet. And I'm a guy that has spent a lot of time on military bases over the years. And have rented a room out to a world class player at one point.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmclay View Post
    He has a caretaker who watches him
    Watches him in what way?
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Watches him in what way?
    I'd like to see how he got through boot camp... or anything else with a "Caretaker".

Or is "Caretaker" a new slang term for wife or significant other I haven't been cued into yet about.
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Aug 26, 2010, 07:02 AM

Because she is 22, you need to realize what life she wants to live, being concerned with everything including bills is very understandablev(when the loan is in your name), but will give her a sweet taste of life as well as being away from home. It will show her if she's ready or not. Just keep intouch, and don't hold this one against her. Everyone needs to find themselves.

I feel like it would be a mistake. But we aren't her to judge that.

And who knows. Maybe all will turn out.

Aug 26, 2010, 07:02 AM

I thought she meant caretaker for the son..
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlesnik33 View Post
    i thought she meant caretaker for the son.. ?
    OMG you are absolutely correct. Thanks for correcting me. I feel dumb.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 07:07 AM

Could caretaker be a fancy word for "babysitter" for his child?
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlesnik33 View Post
    i thought she meant caretaker for the son.. ?
    That would change a lot... but still, at 22, HOW is he going to afford a "Caretaker". Unless it's a family member then something still doesn't seem right.

We need some clarification by the OP... IF they know at all.

Aug 26, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Your welcome, and don't feel dumb, your not. The thing I don't understand was did he say the sons babysitter, is like a girlfriend to him?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 08:06 AM

I agree with most everyone that something is not right with this situation.

Since you can't stop her since she is an adult and should know this is a dangerous thing to do, try to get her to give you a call every morning to make sure she is OK.

Find out where she will be at what time if possible.

All you can really do is try to keep close contact and make sure she is OK.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2010, 09:40 AM

There are some red flags here. But the best you can do is make sure your daughter understands what they are and goes into this with her eyes wide open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's time my 15 year old daughter met her bio dad [ 4 Answers ]

It's time for my 15 year old to meet her bio dad. She has never known him and he has never seen her. I do not want to go into what all transpired 16 years ago, except to say that both of us were not very nice people when we drank alcohol. Daughter is having some behavioral problems currently. ...

My 16 year old daughter ran off with 27 year old man [ 12 Answers ]

Over the last year we have been in a constant battle to prevent a man 27 years old from having a relationship we our 15 year old daughter, when we found out we tried to stop all contact but he continued to groom her into believing that he loved her sending text messages and meeting her in secret...

Need help with a 16 year old daughter dating a 22 year old man [ 44 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter is dating a 22 year old man he lives next door and he is a bum he has no job and doesn't even leave his house only to sign on to get his benefits she was dating him when she was 15 and I thought I put a stop to it and as soon as she went 16 in April this year they got back...

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and [ 1 Answers ]

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and their officer name was Sergeant? And one name was Jerome and another name was Epstein or something.. I just remember the movie name has two words. The first one starts with a B and the second also starts with a B....

I See A Army Man [ 4 Answers ]

Okay a couple weeks ago a had a very weird dream. That I was in my home and I walked out on my front porch and saw a guy who looked like he was in an army uniform. I didn't recognize him at all and he didn't seem familiar to anyone I knew. When the guy turned and looked at me I heard a loud gun...

View more questions Search