Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannahspeakman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 03:15 AM
    I had sex and came on my period the next day, what are the chances I'm pregnant
    I had sex and came on my period the next day, everything seems normal and I'm on my 4th day of period, but could I be pregnant
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 05:43 AM

Did you use a condom... if not, then why not?

In answer to your question... yes it is ALWAYS possible to get pregnant, the question is how likely, which can honestly range from very likely to very unlikely. Without knowing your exact ovulation cycle... (not the same as your Menstruation cycle) there is no possible way of giving you what your true odds are. NOTHING is 100% certain other than abstenance. Not the Pill, Not Condoms, not a combination, and certainly not the "Get on your knees and pray you aren't" method.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahspeakman View Post
    i had sex and came on my period the next day, everything seems normal and im on my 4th day of period, but could i be pregnant
    Possible, but not likely. As smoothy said, there is no 100% safe time, but sex right before a period is due is one of the least likely times to become pregnant.

Most women ovulate towards the middle of their cycle, about 12-16 days before the next period, but it can happen where some naturally ovulate sooner and some later. Not common, but it can also happen where a woman may have an off cycle where ovulation occurs outside the norm for her.

Always use protection correctly every time you have sex to decrease the odds even more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I end up pregnant if I have sex one day before my period? [ 7 Answers ]

My name is Ashley and me and my boyfriend had sex 3 times in one night without anything to keep us safe but I thought it would be OK cause I knew my period was coming in 4 to 5 days so I thought we wouldn't get pregnant. Then I started my period the next day it was early but only by 3 to 4 days, 21...

Can having sex in a pool reduce my chances of getting pregnant? [ 17 Answers ]

Hey Guys!! 1st of all thanks to everyone who's been giving me advice I GREATLY appreciate it! So this is my fertile week I ovulate this Saturday and me and my partner decided to start the week of with a bang in the pool lol ( sorry if this is too much information ) We had sex, he stayed...

I'm a day late for my period and I had unprotected sex 2 before my period I am pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex two days before my period and came inside of me now I'm a day late for my period. Could I be pragnant?

Chances of getting pregnant from the 5th day of menstrual cycle [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to have a baby since 3 years. I had misscarriages 2 times is there any possibilities to get pregnant from the 5th day of mentration. We had frequent intercource 3 days from my 5th day of mentrual cercle.

If I had sex two days before a 5 day late period could I still be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

OK I had sex 2 days before my period started. And my partner released a LOT of semen in me! And I was not on birth control. But that period was like five days late! I don't know why but it was. Its been about 4 weeks since then and my breast were really sore and they started to get really soft and...

View more questions Search