Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hope2809 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
    I'm falling for my boyfriend's best friend
    So here is the thing, I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 2 years. I love him and feel really comfortable with him. But he is going to study abroad by the end of September, leaving on my birthday.

Then, there is my best friend, who is also my boyfriends best friend; and who I have liked during the last year. The problem is, I thought it was just a little crush, and it was all in my head. But it did not turn out that way. The other day we went to a friends birthday, and my best friend was going to leave me in my house, we were both a little drunk, and one thing led to the other and we ended up kissing at my doorstep, he admitted he had feelings for me, but due to his relationship (and mine) with my boyfriend; this was complicated. Even then he hugged and stayed holding hands and kissing for a long time. PLus in the last month, we have seen each other a lot, only as friends

The thing is I love my boyfriend, but he is leaving soon, and I know we won't be together for much longer. And my best friend and I have decided to see how it all turns out with time. I know that the other night was something really special for me and for him too, but I just can't help but wonder what should I do, wait for everything to end with my boyfriend and not tell him, I know that if I do tell him their friendship will end and it means so much to all of us. So what should I do??
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 12:29 PM

Was it your intention to continue a long distance relationship with your boyfriend or were you ending it totally?

If you were continuing with a LDR, you need to be honest with your boyfriend and tell him that you want to date other people while he's gone.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 12:32 PM

I think you both are stabbing him in the back. The old "I got drunk"
    Excuse is not going to cut it.

You are risking losing your boyfriend and your friend. One or the other. A clean break.

Aug 22, 2010, 12:43 PM
    No we are not going to continue in a long distance relationship. And I know that the "drunk" story is not an excuse, I think it would have happened one way or the other, but it happened while we were drunk and probably I wouldn't have dared (nor he) to do it sober.
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hope2809 View Post
    No we are not going to continue in a long distance relationship. And I know that the "drunk" story is not an excuse, i think it would have happened one way or the other, but it happened while we were drunk and probably i wouldn't have dared (nor he) to do it sober.
    Then break it off with the boyfriend. Don't give him false hope. It's the only honorable thing to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 01:50 PM

With friends like you and his buddy, who needs enemies? Come on he hasn't even gone to the airport to leave and his so called friends are already plotting behind his back.

And smiling to his face I might add!
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 01:54 PM

Awww what's a little making out with your boyfriends best friend?

It's two faced, it's cowardly and I hope he finds out and dumps both of you. You deserve each other.

Aug 22, 2010, 05:11 PM

Guys I'm asking for advice, I know what I did was and still is wrong and dishonorable and he does not deserves me, I know that.
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 05:13 PM

Drop the boyfriend, let him move on and let him find someone else.
    Stay with his best friend.. it's a no brainer.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 07:27 PM

My advice is start being honest with the boyfriend, he at least should know his girl and his friend have been stabbing him in his back. That's my advice, be truthful.
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 07:52 PM

Honesty is always the best policy.
    You both should tell him. Confession is good for the soul.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I slept with my ex boyfriend's best friend and now he is mad at me [ 7 Answers ]

I need to get my ex boyfriend back, but I don't know how to. Anyway he gives me such mixed feelings, I talked to him yesterday about me and him getting back together, but where I had slept with his best friend, I don't know what I was even thinking that night when I did that either. Anyway I asked...

Should I hang out with the ex boyfriend's friend? [ 17 Answers ]

I broke up with my ex a year ago. I still have doubts about doing so because I haven't been interested in anyone since him. He has a new girlfriend and did 3 weeks after the breakup. They are still together. Now here's the problem. I was doing fine for a while. Then I ran into his friend who...

Sex with your boyfriend's best friend. [ 10 Answers ]

I've been dating my current boyfriend for over 3 years, and we've done pretty much everything together sexually. I recently asked him (about a month ago) "If you could have sex with anyone that you know, who would it be?" and he answered one of my friends that I've been friends with for 5 years. ...

Boyfriend's staying.a friend comes along. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 22 yr old girl. I have a boyfriend. He works on the riggs so is gone 2 weeks, home 1 week. It is a new and exciting relationship. He lives mostly in a different town when he gets off work but since dating he plans to stay in my city with friends, or me. This time we decided to have him stay...

Boyfriend's friend [ 8 Answers ]

I'll get right to it... my boyfriend of 14 years is a great guy and we do very well together with all aspects of our relationship. Recently a long time friend of his which happens to be female has come into our lives. I haven't known her personally, until recently. She is very much a lesbian only...

View more questions Search