Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shade3shades Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Which sunblock actually blocks from burning and tanning
    Which sunblock is effective?
    I use Neutrogena SPF 70, it safes me from burning but at the same time gives me tan.

Which sunblock stops from burning and tanning? Both :mad:
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 20, 2010, 12:10 PM

My sister. Who is a doctor actually told me that no sunblock stops tanning/darkening. A higher Spf is only effective for burning. If you don't want to be more tan, try spending less time in the sun. If you are at the beach, spend some time under an umbrella or in the shade. Also exfolliate in the shower with a loofa or washcloth to keep your skin tone even.

Aug 20, 2010, 12:23 PM

Well, I have heard that sunblocks actually can provide both burning and tanning.

Which Ones are those... I stay at home all the time live in an apartments at top floor and I get TAN, arggggghh
    Which really frustrates me...

Help, useless if one want to lighten up and still get tan.

Aug 20, 2010, 12:23 PM

Hello, I mean I work but indoor not mostly under the sun except sitting in my car. Lol
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3shades View Post
    well, I have heard that sunblocks actually can provide both burning and tanning.
    Sunblock doesn't completely stop skin from getting darker or from getting burned. It might slow down the process, but eventually it will wear off. The sun naturally causes production of melanin which gives your skin it's color.
    Some other things you can try to get rid of the tan are soaps that are specifically made to reduce darkening or ones that are made for evening out skin tone. Ambi is a popular one. Aveeno and Carees also makes some I think. I don't think there is anything that can completely prevent the skin from tanning though besides staying out of the sun completety and covering skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock the best sunblock [ 44 Answers ]

Are there any sunblocks that block majority of the UVA/UVB rays and radiation from the sun? Zinc oxide/titanium oxide and avobenzone help protect against UVB rays... But which sunblock is the most effective... Fanx

What's the best sunblock? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best sunblock, or what the best SPF is? Right now I'm using Neutrogena with spf 70. It is running low and I want to try something else.

Sunblock or sunscreen? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between sunblock and sunscreen? Is one stronger than the other?. what is the highest spf sunscreen/sunblock out there?

Sunblock for dogs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my parents border collie Jack is having problems when out in the sun. He has pink bits on the bridge of his nose and these burn easily when he's out in the sun. We've tried applying children's sunblock to the area but he just licks it off. Ive been online and found that there is sunblock...

View more questions Search