Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 14, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Blue screen
    One day my laptop froze and then when I turned it back on it starts up and then quickly goes to a blue screen saying something is corrupt. Is there anyway to fix this?
    trilobitian Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 01:21 PM

Uh oh, blue screen of death. Never a good sign... When that happened to my computer I had to get a new hard drive. Unfortunately, I don't think anything can be done. A super computer geek friend of mine was able to get me past the blue screen for a day, but there was really no hope for it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 14, 2010, 01:23 PM
    You can attempt booting to Safe mode and then doing a system restore from there.
    Possible, but, well BSoD tends to be quite terminal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue screen [ 5 Answers ]

I get a blue screen when trying to reload windows. The following messages apears: Ntfs.sys - address f8172781 base at f8123000, datestamp 41107eea I cannot re-load windows or get past the blue screen.

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned off my dell inspiron b130 it was fine when I turned back on it states bad checksum. I can not access start up but I have tried to reboot and all other possibilities without any success . Do you have any suggestions this is a new laptop only about 8 months old I have had a compaq for...

View more questions Search