Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chavez30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 07:44 PM
    What does credit with time served
    My mom got arrested in June 2,2012 for violaiting probation she got sentenced on aug.04 2010 they sentenced her to 9months in bop with credit to time served and that all remaining allegations are dismissed what does this mean?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 07:48 PM

She was sentenced to 9 months in the bureau of prison ( prison not jail time) strange since normally if you are going to serve less than a year you do it in jail.

But they will give her creidit for all the time she was in jail before the trial. So if she was in jail for one month or two months before the sentence those all count toward her sentence
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 08:04 PM

Your other questions have been deleted, please do not start new threads for issues on your first question.

In the sentence they will drop all other possible charges, so anything else they were alleged to have done in these crimes those charges are droped.
    chavez30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 08:16 PM
    What's allegations?
    My mom got arrested for violaiting probation her sentenced is committed to the custody of the bop for a term mof 9 months with credit for time served and with a term of 36 months supervised release to follow and it is further ordered that all remaining allegations are dismissed can you please explain this to me? How long will she be serving at the bop?in how long will we get to see her outhere?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 08:22 PM

Main Entry: alˇleˇgaˇtion
    Pronunciation: \ˌa-li-ˈgā-shən\
    Function: noun
    Date: 15th century
    1 : the act of alleging
    2 : a positive assertion; specifically : a statement by a party to a legal action of what the party undertakes to prove
    3 : an assertion unsupported and by implication regarded as unsupportable <vague allegations of misconduct>
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 08:24 PM

*** STOP** starting new threads, I have closed two and moved this one.

Merely answer your own question to add more info,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Should he get credit for time served in jail? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, this is very complicated. My husband has been in jail since Nov.27th. He had 2 charges, 1st was a dui charge with our county and 2nd was a failure to appear on driving on suspended license with our city. Ok... we have one metro jail in our county and all cities within our county all use one...

How does the system credit jail time served towards sentence imposed? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who was sentenced to 180 days in jail and 3 years in probation. He was in jail for 122 days (counted normally- calendar days) since he was arrested until he was sentenced). Is it true that a day in jail = 12 hours? How does the system credit those days he was in jail towards the...

Credit for time served on a detainer for VOP [ 4 Answers ]

I need help please, I have been looking and looking on the internet for days now and cannot find what I need. My fiancé was in prison for 10 years for fighting in the State of Florida, He was released on 12/13/08 from FL. The State of Tennessee which is where we live has two detainers on him for...

Will husband just get time served or added time to probation [ 11 Answers ]

My husband's not being extradicted on probation violation. But will they add more time to his probation, or get time served or more jail time for new misdemeanor charges of canabis and pharapharnalia? So lost any info or some similar experience would be helpful thanks can't sleep until I know until...

View more questions Search