Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhazinw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 12:32 AM
    How should I do my meditation properly?
    Because my mind always divert towards something related to my stunt I have done the whole day?. can't eridicate those stuffs from my mind and couldn't focus on my meditation.. please help me!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 12:54 AM
    Hi, lhazinw!

In what way or ways have you been trying to meditate, please? It would be helpful to know about that since there are many ways to meditate.

Thanks!
    lhazinw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 08:37 AM

Well, usually I do many kinds of meditation suggested by my teachers, students... but actually they didn't tell the name of a particular meditation, knwin it to be beneficial, I have been doing so many kinds of medidation but in vain, didn't really got a geniune result...
    So, can you suggest a medidation that really helps in mental concentration and to eridicate myrids of thoughts and stuffs going on in ones mind?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2010, 10:20 AM
    Here's a simple mediation you might like to try. You don't need to empty your mind, just allow the thoughts to come and go.

Meta Meditation

Use this simple meditation often to create and nurture compassion in your life. This can be practiced in just a few minutes, so try to incorporate it as a part of your daily life. Come into a comfortable seated position on the floor or in a chair. Sit with the back flat, crown of the head lifted, shoulders relaxed and chest open. Rest the hands in the lap or on the knees. Close the eyes, deepen the breath and release any thoughts from the mind. Gently repeat the following softly out loud or in your mind.

May my life be filled with ease.
    May my body be healthy and strong.
    May I be happy and peaceful of heart.
    May I be safe from inner and outer harm.

Then you may replace the “I”s with “you”s, thinking of a specific person, a group of people or the whole planet. Finish with a few slow, deep breaths, feeling compassion, love and kindness flowing through your body. Take a moment or two before moving on with the rest of your day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meditation freakiness. [ 16 Answers ]

All right, so I used to be pretty intuitive-I knew who was calling me without caller id or special ringtones, I would be singing a song and would turn on the radio to find that that song was on, and such little things like that. I also had very strange dreams in which I'd get a very vague picture...

The Meditation [ 1 Answers ]

There was a song in the 60's called "The Meditation". It was played on the air in Philly, but taken off because at the end of the song they said "you make me scream" which sounded like "you make me cream". Can someone tell me who sang it? :)

Depression and meditation [ 6 Answers ]

I have not sought doctors advice because generally, the doctors in my area sign everyone off for depression at the flick of a switch. So that wouldn't tell me either way. But I'm pretty sure I'm suffering with depression. My question is: will meditation worsen or help depression?? I have...

Meditation for Students [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I am currently a university student looking to start meditation. My marks first term were not the greatest and I believe a lot of it can be attributed to the fact that I generally lack an ability to concentrate. When doing school work, unless I totally isolate myself from all possible...

Meditation [ 8 Answers ]

OK so lately maybe the last... 8 or so weeks I've been under a lot of stress with all manner of different things and have had anxiety attacks and just cried myself to sleep due to depression and just all the stuff happeing around me.. I think I have coped relatively... badly lol. I don't have any...

View more questions Search