Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharond41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 04:53 PM
    On adult probation/what is the maximum time for first offence
    I had to do 18 months probation. Then got in trouble for not showing up three times, but I called her each time and gave her notice that I couldn't make it.and I did show up dirty a couple of times when she took a urine sample.so she put a bench warrant out on me.now I'm sitting in jail waiting for hearing. Do you know the max that they would give me for my first time violating probation
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 05:12 PM

What State was this violation in. They CAN throw the book at you, not saying they will, but they CAN. What did the terms of your probation spell out. Assuming you took the time to read it.

You do know now that meeting your Probation officer isn't at YOUR convienience, You drop EVERYTHING to be where you are told to be when you are told to be there. You have multiple violations as you admit. This is the first time they dragged you in. Two very different things. Each missed appointment was a violation as was each dirty urine test. The judge will take all of that into consideration when they decide.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2010, 05:31 PM

They can give you the max of 18 months in jail.

And let me see missing at least three appointments and a dirty, that is more than "one" issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maximum time in jail for a probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

What is maximum time someone will do in prison for a probation violation. This person completed 2 years of his 3 year probation.

2nd offence probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

I am a minor on 6 months probation for shoplifting at wal-mart they didn't give me no community service or anything just probation,and Just recently I got caught again at wal mart with a friend that is not a minor and they didn't take us to jail but I know both of us have court dates coming up and...

Probation violation first offence [ 2 Answers ]

probation violation,first offence theft under 5000, article value 26 dollars first offence

Theft Under, First Offence (Adult in Canada) [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday, I was fired from work for internal theft x2, and fraud, but it was my first offence. I deeply regret what I had done, and vow not to do it again, and I understand I have to reep the penalties of my stupidity. But, now I am in a predicament... I am 19 years old, turning 20 in a month,...

View more questions Search