Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alex12my Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Drilled through the crown, but said I needed new crown.why?
    My dentist had drilled through my root canal (crown).. the crown came off.. he permentely glued it back on and said it was perfect, but set new appoint for a
    New crown.. Just thought it was a cap, but he drilled the crown off
    And broke the tooth off so badly, I almost had nothing left of the tooth to hold
    New crown. I did pay cash.. had no insurance.. was he trying to make an extra buck?
    That tooth never gave me any trouble after the filling, but now.. after the new crown
    My tooth feels pressure all the time. To tap it.. it hurts. Was this dentist being greedy?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 12:12 PM

You probably have to go back to have the occlusion done again. That is, he matches your bite to the top teeth by taking off a little of the crown in places. Not a big deal. You are feeling, I think, the pressure of the new crown not matching your top bite. After this is done, you will not feel discomfort.

Teeth move around all the time. They must have play in them to function properly.

Now back to your original question I didn't entirely understand, alexl2. You say he drilled through your root canal, do you mean he drilled through the existing tooth that already had a root canal done previously? If he permanently glued the crown back on, why did you need a new one?

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown vs. Post crown [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having a problem with a dental office I recently began visiting. Two dentists are at the site (one is retiring) and one recommends one thing, then when I sit in the chair to get the work done the other dentist comes in and recommends something completely different. I am going to...

Crown & Post or Crown Only [ 1 Answers ]

I had a root canal 2 months ago & moved. The dentist who performed the root canal stated he would insert a post & crown. My new dentist (whom I may change) stated that he will only put a crown on, a post is not "necessarily" needed. I'm active duty Marine Corps & I have a fear that this particular...

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Do I need a new crown? [ 1 Answers ]

I had to change dentists because my old dentist went out of business. This new dentist wants me to get a new crown. It is fricking $800 out of my pocket. Can someone look at the X-ray and help me determine if I need a new crown?

Crown Lengething .how long before crown put on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding crown lengething. I had the procedure done when I had my wisdom teeth removed on a back molar and a temporary was placed on that tooth. Due to insurance issues I was not able to get the perminate till after the new year. How long does it take for the area to heal and...

View more questions Search