Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myfunweb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Dryer vent close to wall
    I installed a new flexible metal hose from the dryer to the outside vent pipe. Space is tight so the hose is touching both the side of the dryer and the wall - the dryer is about 4 inches from the wall allowing the hose to just fit.

Are there any issues with the hose being right up against the wall?
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 8, 2010, 12:52 PM

No issues with the hose touching wall as long as it's not kinked, go outside when dryer is running and check for good air flow coming out of vent. Have a great day:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My electric dryer vent from dryer to wall collects A LOT of water. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer which is vented through the attic to the roof. The vent from the dryer outlet to the wall collects a *HUGE-* amount of water resulting in an excessive amount of drying time (if I'm lucky, they finally dry!). When I emptied the vent & rehooked everything up, I noted that...

Gas boiler vent how close? [ 2 Answers ]

Oh doesn't know I am asking We are putting up an awning/veranda roof and have a calor gas boiler . How close could we go to the outside vent and can anyone recommend a suitable heatproof material for the edges of the awning. He is not planning to go close to it but I would like it to be near it??

B Vent too close to framing? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a new gas furnace installed (Carrier 58CVA090 Variable Speed Gas Furnace) and at that time the installers replaced the old exhaust vent with B Vent (this is the term they used). They also ran the exhaust from the gas hot water heater into this same vent. The vent goes thorough a...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Toilet to close to wall [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in the process of the replacing the toilet in a basement bathroom. The new toilet will not fit because the center of the flange is only 9 1/2 inches from the wall, rather than twelve. I broke all the concrete around the pipe. It is cast iron. What is the best way to move the flange 2 1/2...

View more questions Search