Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ejpurdy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Proper direction for ceiling fan to turn
    I have a 17' cathedral ceiling in my living room. The ceiling fan is mounted on an 8' drop rod, so that the blades are actually only 9' above the floor. Which direction should the blades turn in the winter in order to push the warm air back down to the floor? Thanks!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Downdraft is CCW. Updraft is CW.

See:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-faq.php#14

And let me know if you have any further questions!
    sznn7777 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpurdy
    I have a 17' cathedral ceiling in my living room. The ceiling fan is mounted on an 8' drop rod, so that the blades are actually only 9' above the floor. Which direction should the blades turn in the winter in order to push the warm air back down to the floor? Thanks !!
    In the winter it should turn clockwise as you look up at it from below.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Not always. Read the link I posted earlier. But generally speaking you are right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan direction change [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HB fan that I can not find a model number for. The fan uses remote model UC7076T. Can anyone tell me how to change the direction of the fan, I can not find a switch on the fan and the remote does not have a direction button on it. Thanks and Hurry it is hot... :mad:

How do I reverse ceiling fan direction? [ 18 Answers ]

We moved into our home that already had a very nice Hampton Bay ceiling fan installed, but we have no instruction manual... It is a model that has a remote control, with an up light, down light and lo-med-high settings for the fan. However, we have noticed that the way the fan is blowing (counter...

Ceiling fan direction: Summer vs. Winter [ 3 Answers ]

I moved recently and can't find my owners manual. But I remember it mentioned that you should have the fan direct air downward or upward depending on season. Does anyone know which way the fan should be pointing in the summer? Thanks.

Ceiling Fan Default Rotation Direction [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan w/ remote and wall switch. The default direction is winter mode but I want it to be summer mode. If I only use the remote I set the direction once and then all is well. But if my kids turn off the fan with the wall switch then next time it is turned on I need to reset...

Ceiling Fan Direction [ 2 Answers ]

Which way should a ceiling fan turn for heating season, clockwise or counter-clockwise?

View more questions Search