Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidnlilstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Airlines and adult probation and parole
    I've had a trip planned out of state since before I was put on probation.. my probation is for a misdeamor.. would my po be able to know if I flew commercially
    wishbear17013 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 01:46 PM

Since you are on probation, you really need to go by and let your probation officer know that you will be taking a trip. They will have you fill out a form, which will ask you when you are leaving and when you are returning, where you will be staying, etc. They will then give you a form saying that your trip has been approved, which you carry with you. So if you are stopped for any reason, you have your po's approval to be there.

The reason you need to do this is because if for some reason you get stopped while out of state, they will run your ID and know you are on probation without permission to be out of state, which is automatically breaking your parole and can land you in jail.

You can go on the trip, but just remember the chances you are taking. It is better to get the approval before you go. And they will allow you to go. I had a friend on probation, and whenever we went anywhere, she would go get the form filled out and approved and off we went.

See your probation officer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 05:22 PM

Perhaps yes, and what happens if something happens to you out of state.

You merely get permission for the trip from PO.

Do you really, ( really) want to risk going to jail for all of those months or years of probation time for a silly trip without asking permission first
    truehelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 03:19 PM
    You won't get caught in the airport unless you have a warrant out for your arrest, however if your unfortunate enough to run into a cop while you travel they will scan your ID which will inform the police and your PO you have violated your probation which will result in jail time.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2011, 12:43 PM

Get written permission for ANY trips out of the state. If you do not have this permission you can and will be caught and have to face a VOP hearing at which time the judge may just sentence you to jailtime as you can't follow the guidelines for probation. You have to have a really, really good reason to go out of state, and not just for a "vacation". Do you already have the tickets, hotel reservations paid for, etc? If so, show the PO these items and ask them nicely for the written permission. If they say no, by all means do NOT go out of the state as the PO can and will put a note in the computer that you were going to go to such and such state on such and such date and were declined. Then if you are stopped in that state on those dates you can bet your last dollar that the PO will happily put out a warrant for your arrest when you come back and see you at your VOP hearing.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2011, 07:48 PM

Excon finds this helpful: I wish you'd Google me... I LOVE googling

Exie, I can only Google myself, sorry. Try it, you'll like it. Trust me on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got married while I was on probation and my husband was on Parole. [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I got married over a year ago. I was on probation and him parole. Neither one of our officers ever found out. He is now off parole and I am currently still on probation for another 6 months. I was told that since they did not find out about it when we were both on parole/probation...

Probation/parole laws [ 3 Answers ]

Does the system have to tell you how long you parole will be?

Probation and parole violation Maryland [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancée is on parole and probation for a robbery a couple of years ago. They violated his probation and parole for a traffic violation of driving while revoked. We are waiting to go to court on that traffic violation. He has 6 months left on parole and is currently held on detainer pending a...

Probation and Parole Guidelines [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend is bieng sentenced to Felony Probation on 4 Dui Charges. She wants to know if they have a curfew and what are some of the guidelines? Does anyone know? Thanks

Finding someone on parole or probation [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find someone who is on parole or probation and why they are on it

View more questions Search