Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    IWantToKnow15's Avatar
    IWantToKnow15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 29, 2010, 12:35 PM
    I would like to know if I can give my child up without having the father sign over his rights? He was happy at first then he started to deny the baby once I found out he was cheating on me. He said he hoped both of us die and a bunch of other hateful things. Etc I asked him to give up his rights he told "hell no". I'm confused because I don't know what to do. I don't want this baby and plus he's with the other girl he cheated on me with. He said he doesn't want the baby BUT he won't give up his rights. What can I do?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jul 29, 2010, 01:11 PM

    If you want to put the child up for adoption BOTH parents need to agree to it.

    If he refuses to to agree, then tell him he will have to pay child support.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE's Avatar
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

    Jul 29, 2010, 01:15 PM

    He doesn't want the child yet he won't give up his rights? Makes no sense. That's like saying I love chocolate icecream but I will never eat it.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,696, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Jul 29, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    If you want to put the child up for adoption BOTH parents need to agree to it.

    If he refuses to to agree, then tell him he will have to pay child support.
    This may or may not be correct. Mostly it depends on the State the child is in and also the age of the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Adoption ?'s [ 4 Answers ]

I have a child with my ex and she remarried 5 years ago and now her and her husband want to have everyone in there house to have the same last name and to accomplish this he has asked to adopt my son. Which I have no objection to because I never get to see him and he reconises her husband as dad...

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Adoption or this? [ 4 Answers ]

My friend Tikani wants a baby really bad. She is only 16!! I try to support her but I don't know how. She said she wants one now or she will never have one. Tikani is thinking of going to a sperm doner and pretending that it was like a one nights stand. OR adopting with the help of her big...

Adoption, [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a registery where biological parents, mothers can go to help their children find them?

View more questions Search