Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rq819cza26965 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 05:42 PM
    All my houses seemed to be haunted
    Every house I've ever lived in has seemed to have some paranormal presence. For instance, since I was a few months old up until I was 5 I lived in a small yellow house in a "not too nice" neighborhood. Considering my age, my memories of the house are scarce. My sister, who must have been 15 at the time, possibly older, encountered the worst. She had a friend spend the night and both were in our sun room. The walls are all windows. My sister's friend left the room (the reason I am unsure of) and when she returned my sister seemed to be locked in there. The lock is on the opposite side my sister was on, so obviously it wasn't her. Her friend tried unlocking it but it was completely stuck. My sister recalled that someone, or possibly something, started banging on the windows from outside, and since they're all connected, the whole room around her seemed to shook. Afterward she said, the door lock became unstuck and she was finally able to leave. My mom also told me that multiple times, when I was 3 or 4ish, I would always see "things" in the hallway. I obviously don't remember this but I was told by everyone in my household that I did in fact see things walking through the hallway. That was house 1.

House 2 I lived in from when I was 5 until I was 11. This time everyone (My mom, sister, and I) saw "it". Me being the first. I was sitting in my living room, which has a clear view of the hallway, and I saw a blurry, gray and white figure slowly make it's way from my mom's room to my room (Both are across from each other). A few months later my sister was making her way down the hallway when she saw the same thing go from my room to my mom's room. Not even 2 weeks later my mom saw "it" go from her room to my room. That was the last of the appearances. The night my mom told me about it, I was in bed watching T.V. when the T.V. turned off 3 times, as well as my fan which turned off 4 times.
    Another occurrence happened when my sister went to the bathroom and when she tried to come out it was locked, even though the lock is in the inside. It's one of those locks that when you turn the handle from the inside it unlocks itself. Well somehow my sister couldn't get out and you could see her moving the handle, so obviously something was up. That was the last of that house.

House number 3 is the house I currently live. I'm 14 now. This house scared me the most. I nearly had a breakdown. The first occurrence happened around midnight. My house is small, uber small. So when your sitting in my living room, you can see everything, including the 2 bedrooms. No hallway *phew*.. Or so I thought. Anyway, It was midnight. My sister was at a friends house and my mom was asleep. I was watching T.V. when out of nowhere my bedroom started shaking uncontrollably and the handle of the door was being thrashed up and down. That lasted a good 3 seconds. I sat there in utter silence trying to comprehend if that really just happened. It of course did because my mom sat at the door barking his head off. So I wasn't the only one who heard it. The next thing that happened was around 6:30 AM. I was home alone because my sister was at school and my mom was at work. I was in the bathroom getting ready when I heard my sister's fan on. I went to the bedroom and turned it off. I could have sworn it was off before. I go back into the bathroom and continue getting ready when once again I heard it on. This switch was turn to low, when I turned it to off a few minutes ago. I then got scared. I called my mom and she told me to unplug it. I did as I was told and that was the last of the fan incident. I then returned to the bathroom and continued what I was doing. That's when the bathroom light (How ironic) starting flicking on and off, not the switch, the actual light. I dropped my hair straightener and ran to the couch as the light still continued it's craziness. I was scared out of my mind, then the T.V. started doing the same, then it went all blurry and did that whole grey, white and black . I was more then scared. I was terrified. The bathroom stopped what it was doing, but the T.V. was still at it. I ran into my kitchen and coward in the corner for a good 10 minutes. While I was there I heard a huge band in my bedroom, it sounded like someone through a basketball at my door. When I finally heard the normal sound of the program I was previously watching I got up and slowly grabbed my shoes and took off out of the house. I didn't even bother looking in my room until I got home, and when I did my 4 draw dresser had fallen over. That was the last of the occurrences.
    There were instances when my 3 dogs would come to a mirror and randomly begin barking. There was also a time when my 2 year old pitbull and I were in my mom's room. I was on my laptop and she was laying across my legs. She then got up and faced the mirror and begin barking tremendously, then she pulled her ears back, let of a light cry and took off into the living room. After witnessing that, I packed up my laptop and took of as well.
    There's also the feeling of being watched. I'm home alone quite often because my mom works until 6ish. Even when I'm home alone I have the feeling that someone has their eyes of me. It's gotten to the point where I'm even uneasy when I'm getting dressed, even though the house is empty. It happens more often in the bathroom. Whenever I'm in there straightening my hair, which I do very frequent, I always having the feeling someone is right behind me. I get crazy goosebumps as well.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2010, 06:03 PM

In my opinion there are no such things as ghost. There is a reasonable explanation for your problems.
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 29, 2010, 01:25 AM

Kit,

I am curious to hear your theories.

Jul 29, 2010, 01:41 AM

Hello Rq819cza26965,

Yours is an interesting case. Let me make sure I understand this: in house # 1, you and your sister experienced strange phenomena. Did your mother as well? House #2 all three of you saw an apparition AND experienced strange phenomena? House #3, has anyone else (other than yourself) experienced any paranormal activity here? Also, do you know how old all these residences are (or when built)?

I ask only so that I may be able to better serve you. Let me know and I will give you my thoughts.

Anxiously awaiting your reply.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 02:07 AM

Phenomena do happen. Some explainable, some are yet to be explained.

When something scares you and the adrenalin starts the hyper reactions things can be perceived much differently than we normally do.
    The heightened sense of awareness seems to slow down time. Your vision seems keener as does you hearing. The body enters the "fight or flight" stage.

Then your mind goes into overdrive looking for danger , or signs of danger and any pertinent information that will make the decision to run or fight. This is an altered state of awareness. That can make you see , feel , hear , or sense things differently than normal.

As an example you said your room was shaking, could be a large truck going by, a mild earthquake or any number of things. But when it scared you it changed you physically and mentally.

Ghostly figures can be shadows or extraneous light sources or reflections. I am siting examples ,not saying they are these things, or that they are not what you perceive them to be. All are possibilities.

Appliances acting abnormal can be electrical problems . These (Fields generated by electricity ) can also affect how you feel by giving you an uneasiness , and if strong enough can make you sick.

So what I am getting at is to investigate all possibilities. Keep an open mind and try not to be scared.
    But from now on if and when things happen , write it down with the date, time what happened and who was there.
    Try to get pictures and/or recordings of any of these.

This is a good way to try and understand what is going on. The more information and detail you write down the more it can help.

Keep us informed of what you are doing and what phenomena is taking place. Then we can start to explain things. Or confirm unexplainable events as far as we can determine.

When we have more facts we can decide what might need to be done from that point.

If you are willing to try this. We will be here to help you and work with you.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post

When something scares you and the adrenalin starts the hyper reactions things can be perceived much differently than we normally do.
    The heightened sense of awareness seems to slow down time. Your vision seems keener as does you hearing. The body enters the "fight or flight" stage.

Then your mind goes into overdrive looking for danger , or signs of danger and any pertinent information that will make the decision to run or fight. This is an altered state of awareness. That can make you see , feel , hear , or sense things differently than normal.

As an example you said your room was shaking, could be a large truck going by, a mild earthquake or any number of things. But when it scared you it changed you physically and mentally.

Ghostly figures can be shadows or extraneous light sources or reflections. I am siting examples ,not saying they are these things, or that they are not what you perceive them to be. All are possibilities.

Appliances acting abnormal can be electrical problems . These (Fields generated by electricity ) can also affect how you feel by giving you an uneasiness , and if strong enough can make you sick.

So what I am getting at is to investigate all possibilities. Keep an open mind and try not to be scared.
    But from now on if and when things happen , write it down with the date, time what happened and who was there.

This is a good way to try and understand what is going on. The more information and detail you write down the more it can help.

Keep us informed of what you are doing and what phenomena is taking place. Then we can start to explain things. Or confirm unexplainable events as far as we can determine.

When we have more facts we can decide what might need to be done from that point.

I agree with you MartyZ... Kit:cool:

Jul 29, 2010, 12:37 PM

Hexxie,
    At house 1, Only my sister and I experienced things, my mother did not. For house 2, all 3 of us experienced it. And for house 3, My sister is aware of the sense of being watched, as well as witnessing our dogs bark at mirrors and blank walls. She also said that door incident that I experienced happened to her as well, though she said it didn't shake as furiously as I explained. My mom is still unaware of anything happening at all. She says nothing strange has happened to her, and she says she never gets the feeling of being watched.
    I'm not aware of any previous owners for any of ours houses besides the one we currently live in. My mom told me an old women lived in the house but she died a few months before we moved in. I'm aware that perhaps she could be involved in what is happening in my current house.

Jul 29, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post

I will take your advice and be sure to write down what day and time something happens. I will consider all the possibilities before jumping to conclusions.

Jul 30, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rq819cza26965 View Post
    Hexxie,
    At house 1, Only my sister and I experienced things, my mother did not. For house 2, all 3 of us experienced it. And for house 3, My sister is aware of the sense of being watched, as well as witnessing our dogs bark at mirrors and blank walls. She also said that door incident that I experienced happened to her as well, though she said it didn't shake as furiously as I explained. My mom is still unaware of anything happening at all. She says nothing strange has happened to her, and she says she never gets the feeling of being watched.
    I'm not aware of any previous owners for any of ours houses besides the one we currently live in. My mom told me an old women lived in the house but she died a few months before we moved in. I'm aware that perhaps she could be involved in what is happening in my current house.
    Thanks for the reply RQ.

Ok, just wanted to be sure I understood the situation. Yours is indeed an interesting and rare case; it involves several people and transgresses location. The odds of this being three unrelated happenings is rare, as it being something that moves with you is rare. Before I give you my take on the situation, please allow me some time to consult with a few others.

In the meantime, do keep a log. Note dates, times, location (where in the house), details about the incident (including witnesses), duration, and what you were doing right before it happened. Also, if you have a voice recorder, set it up and keep it handy. The next time you experience any such happening, press record and try asking a few questions in a calm voice, if you can. Be direct. Instead of asking, "Is someone there?" ask "Who's there?" and "What is your name?" Why are you here? And What do you want? Are also good direct questions to ask. Give plenty of time between questions. Now, you might get something on the recorder, you might not. And if you are too scared to ask questions, that is all right. Just press the record button and set the recorder down on a flat surface near you. Either way, give it a try and let me know your results.

I WILL get back to you. Oh, I almost forgot: Does this only happen at the house? What I mean is, have you, or your sister, ever experienced anything paranormal outside the home when you where somewhere else? And, please forgive me but I have to ask, are you or your sister on any kind of medication? Need to know.

Take care of yourself and know that we are here for you.;)

Aug 5, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxie View Post

I WILL get back to you. Oh, I almost forgot: Does this only happen at the house? What I mean is, have you, or your sister, ever experienced anything paranormal outside the home when you where somewhere else? And, please forgive me but I have to ask, are you or your sister on any kind of medication? Need to know.

Take care of yourself and know that we are here for you.;)
    Hi RQ,

Have you been keeping a log? Has anything else happened? Could you please take a moment and answer my above questions?

Thank you.

Aug 6, 2010, 07:14 AM

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I haven't had internet connection in a few days.
    I've kept some paper handy, though nothing has happened. To answer your question, no my sister nor I have experienced anything out of my home. For the medication, the only one I take is for asthma. My sister doesn't take any.

Aug 13, 2010, 02:35 PM

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I am experiencing computer problems (and this is a new laptop!)

Anyhow, I just realized you answered my questions and will have to do a little research. Glad to hear no new develpoments have come up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haunted houses [ 1 Answers ]

A lot has been happening in my house my brothers pets have been dying and he is trying to kill my dogs is this some kind of omen or is it just bad luck?

My houses history [ 1 Answers ]

How long has my house been here

Swine houses [ 6 Answers ]

Types of swine houses ?

My houses past [ 1 Answers ]

hey i was wondering how i could get information about my house's history like if there were any scary facts about it or something.:)

View more questions Search