Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renovatormom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 04:56 PM
    How can I remove thinset off a freshly painted wall?
    I put on a tile back-splash in my bathroom which was recently painted about 3 weeks ago. Along the top row of tiles where I was grouting, too much of the grout stayed on the wall. I need to remove as much as possible or else I will have to add another row of tiles which I really do not want to do. I am going to repaint just above the tile line if I can remove as much of the grout as possible. Can I sand this stuff off? I am not prepared to remove the dry wall and start over. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 11:14 PM

How much grout is on wall?

What type of grout did u use?

What tools did u use to install grout?

If u used a rubber or vinyl float, u should only have a haze left that can be removed with a damp sponge and then polished.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use thinset over the remaining Mastic on plywood after I remove the carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I am removing outdoor carpet that was applied over 5/8 plywood with Mastic. There is some residue of the mastic on the plywood. Now I want to put down Ditra mat in thinset and then tile on top of that. Can I do that or do I need to resurface the sub floor?

Blue tape sticking to my freshly painted ceiling [ 5 Answers ]

Help! I was in a rush today and made a major blunder. I am painting a nursery and painted my ceiling. While it was drying I went out and bought wall paint. I came back home and hour later and put my blue 3M tape up on my freshly painted ceiling and proceeded to paint my walls!! Well 3-4 ...

Painting over already painted brick wall. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a large brick wall that has a fireplace on it that was already painted a dark grey when my husband and I moved into our home, we would like to repaint it to look like an orignal brick wall. And we are not sure how to do this. Would welcome any answers you have. Thank you Diane Smith

Painted block wall blistering [ 3 Answers ]

A few years ago I had a stuccoed block wall built, after a couple of months I painted the wall with an exterior grade latex paint,the wall paint showed lots of small cracks after a couple of months. So then I repainted with a rubberized paint and now the paint is blistering wherever my neighbours...

When to know it is safe for baby to be back in a freshly painted room. [ 6 Answers ]

The walls were painted in the bedroom. I am not sure if it is safe yet to put our baby back in the room. I am not exactly sure what paint was used and cocking around the windows. The workers told me it is water based. It smelled strong at first but I have been airing it out since...

View more questions Search