Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sha83 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 01:01 PM
    14 weeks pregnant,worried about miscarriage...
    Hi,I am 14 weeks pregnant now and I want to ask something to clear up my mind and stop worrying.. I have blighted ovum before I got pregnant again this time... and my question is, is the uterus also growing and belly is expanding if you are going to have miscarriage.. becoz now I have obvious pregnant belly and my uterus seems growing properly,no bleeding or pain but still worried of miscarriage...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2010, 01:13 PM

It is very understandable to be concerned since you have experienced a loss before. At this stage, since all is well, a miscarriage becomes more unlikely. The vast majority will happen in the first trimester, often before women even know they are pregnant.

Try your best not to worry, but don't hesitate to ask your doctor or midwife for reassurance anytime you need it. Sometimes just a quick listen to baby's heartbeat is all you need to have some peace of mind... :)
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 01:14 PM

You'll probably worry a little all through your pregnancy, but honestly, you have passed the dangerous time. Right now, you've got a baby growing in your uterus and everything seems to be going well. Most miscarriages happen in the first 12 weeks.

Your uterus growing and your belly expanding are signs of a normal pregnancy. In a few weeks, you will be able to feel the baby moving around.

Don't worry about previous pregnancies, each one is different. Just relax, eat well, take moderate exercise, and enjoy yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Miscarriage at 23 weeks [ 29 Answers ]

My girlfriend just miscarried at 23 weeks and 4 days and the dr. sent her home to pass the baby at home without a D&C. does this sound right? She had no bleeding and the only symptom was she had a little cramping once or twice a day for 2 days. I just can't believe the dr. would just send her home!...

I've been on my period for 3 weeks now, should I be worried? Or am I pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to have a baby with my boyfriend. I started my period April 20th & am still on it. I've also have excessive nausea & vomiting. It started like a normal period, but now is like a pinkish-brown kind of thing. It's very heavy in the mornings when I wake up, with spotting...

Miscarriage 3 weeks pregnant how long after can you get pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

How long after can you start trying again after a miscarriage

What Does Miscarriage Look Like at 3-4 Weeks? [ 5 Answers ]

I just soaked a pad in a little more than half an hour and passed several pieces of tissue that were blood soaked and very stringy. I've never seen anything like that before. I suspected that I might be pregnant but am wondering if I am miscarrying. What does a miscarriage at 3-4 weeks look like?

Signs of miscarriage @ 4 weeks pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I am about 4 weeks pregnant, had started to lightly bleed a darker color of blood. Is this mean I am miscarring or is there something else that could be going on? I have been bleeding for at least 24hours now if not longer.

View more questions Search