Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homeblus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Central Heating and AC work but fan turns off
    I put heat on the ON position and the heat comes on with fan working. It runs good for 10 minutes and then the fan turns off but the heat is still working.
    I put the heat on the AUTO position and turn the thermostat up to 90 the furnace works but he fan does not come on.
    The cool on the ON position ,and the outside compressor and fan works but the fan doesn't work on the inside. A few times the fan did come on with the cool on but not too many times and the fan shut shut off after a few minutes but the outside continued to work.
    The cool on Auto , outside ac works fine and the fan on the inside doesn't turn on.
    What could be causing this?

Thanks very much

Check out some similar questions!

Our central heating system turns when it wants to. Any ideas on what could be wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

Our heating system was working fine all winter. Every time we change the thermostat nothing happens and then out of the blue it starts working at rare times. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Central heating does not seem to work. [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a few problems getting my central heating to switch on. It has not really been on over the summer yet I have been using the hot water boiler for baths and dish washing. I have 'bled' the radiators and they do not seem to want to come on. I have a water storage unit and ran the...

Central air stays on all the time, even after inside fan turns off. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Tempstar A/C unit that stays on after the blower turns off. I replaced the thermostat in the winter and it works fine with the heater (tuns on & off correctly). I removed the new thermostat from the system & the A/C unit still stays on. The only way I can get it to turn off is to...

Carrier heating unit --fan won't work with heating [ 6 Answers ]

I have a carrier heating unit installed in 2000... it worked fine since then but now... fan will work if we turn it ON by itself... but if we turn on auto heat then heater goes on (blower like sound) but fan doesn't force the air into the house... if we turn off the heat... fan comes on...

Central Heating Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Central units fan just hums most of the time. Only set on heat. If I have the cooling on, it runs fine. But if I turn on the heat, it just hums, sounds stuck. Most of the time I can get it going by switching from AUTO to ON (for the FAN), can someone please help:confused:

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.