Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    US036870 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Plumbing questions bath and shower faucet leak
    I have a two handle Kohler K15201 faucet that leaks on the hot side. I have tried a plumbing socket set but the clearances are too tight- the wrench won't fit around the bonnet so I can remove the valve kit. A strap wrench won't work either. The bonnet is recessed into the wall and I can't get a good grip to unscrew the bonnet. Does anyone have any idea of a tool to remove the bonnet? I may have to file the tile away to get the necessary clearances?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 09:07 PM

Take a small chisel and hammer and enlarge the hole around the stem. Insert socket wrench and unscrew the stem...
    US036870 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 10:24 AM

I haven't worked with a chisel much. Is it easy to overdo it and damage anything?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing Bath shower unit [ 1 Answers ]

How do I install a moen model #L82691 single shower faucet ?

Shower bath leak [ 2 Answers ]

We recently installed a shower bath and it is leaking from the silicon seal where the bath meets the wall. A plumber recently visited us and told us that when the bath was originally installed it should have been sunk into the wall- he suggested that this was required by building regs and inorder...

Shower leak out sides of bath and hall [ 5 Answers ]

Our shower stall sits on a concrete slab, typical of 40 yr. old Hawaii houses. It is tiled. I have just noticed that the grout on the bath and hallway tile looks wet. The shower sits between. It is coming from the plumbing wall. The inside base has been caulked and I can't find any cracks. A...

Shower/bath faucet water comes out of both [ 2 Answers ]

In the process of redoing our bathroom. We put in a brand new bath/shower faucet. When we turn on the water it comes out of both the shower head and the bath spout. It is a single handle model. This is the 3rd model and 2nd brand of faucet we have tried and all do the same. Can any one help...

View more questions Search