Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgirlT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 07:17 PM
    How can I enjoy my job as a help desk representative when
    .. I have to listen to complaints all day?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 07:19 PM

You have to enjoy people and enjoy helping people. If you can't see how you can enjoy that job, most likely it is not the perfect job for you, at this point in your life

But at least in the US, a job is a job, I would keep it till you find another
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 26, 2010, 09:38 PM

You just have to accept that listening to customer complaints is a major part of the job. Your job is to listen without judgement, offer solutions for the problem, find the right answer that will please the customer, and do not leave that conversation without the customer getting compensation or satisfaction or the right answer - whichever applies.

Customer service is a tough job. You often get blamed for something you never had a hand in. People call to vent and some are not kind at all. They yell and/or swear. You just have to put that all in perspective and deal with it in the best professional way possible.

If you truly cannot tolerate this job, then you need to find something else that is better suited to you. But as Fr. Chuck so aptly stated, a job is a job. In some areas jobs are not easy to come by.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it wrong that I enjoy my job as a sex worker? [ 116 Answers ]

Im going to see a counsellor on Tuesday next week but I'm just looking for peoples views on another one of my personal issues. I have been a sex worker on and off for 8years. I have only ever worker in legal, upmarket establishments. Ive never been a street worker OR addicted to drugs. I live a...

Personal Representative [ 3 Answers ]

My mother has been appointed personal representative to settle late brother's estate. He has land in another state and small amount of money in a bank. How should she proceed in getting this estate settled He lived in Maryland and the land is in Virginia. Thanks

View more questions Search