Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharon130 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 04:19 PM
    Landlord notice to vacate in New Jersey
    How much notice do I need 2 give if I need 2 move back in property
    sharon130 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 04:22 PM

I gave notice 2 quit June 6 tenant has until July 31 to vacate I need to move back in property
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 04:47 PM

Hello s:

If you have no written agreement, most likely you have to give him 30 days. If you have a written lease, that's where you look to see what your obligations are. If you have a lease, and you're trying to break it, you can't. It doesn't matter how much notice you give him.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

60 notice to vacate, what if not the landlord that gave notice [ 3 Answers ]

I was giving a 60 notice to vacate, but the person that gave me the notice is not the person I have been giving the money to. What can I do??

Landlord must give 30 day or 60 day notice t0 vacate? [ 5 Answers ]

Has the laws changed, and now require a landlord with a tenant of 5 years, in a month to month rental agreement, to give the renter a 60 day notice to move? My landlord has sold her house and wants me out in less than 30 days. Please help? Is there another resource or a state law # I can look...

Can my Landlord legally give me a two week notice to vacate? [ 11 Answers ]

We are currently on a month to month and my landlord has listed the house for a short sale. Over the phone, he offered to reduce the rent significantly in exchange for showing the property to prospective buyers, we could pay him bi-monthly, be able to stay until the close of escrow, and he would...

Is a landlord in NC allowed to issue a notice to vacate without just cause [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently leasing a residential property in NC. I have been leasing the property for approximately 7 months. We initially signed a 6 month lease and in February we signed a 1 yr lease. We received a notice stating the property was scheduled to be sold. When we contacted the landlord they...

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

View more questions Search