Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 02:50 PM

There's a link in my signature where the original "Forum rating" considerations were posted (and debated over the years)... it's an interesting thread. We should continue this discussion over there, if you wish.

I apologize to XavierB if we've accidentally hijacked your thread, all further discussions here will be on topic.

Go, man, go.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    It's been a few years since the debate raged, but I was "taught" by the powers that be around here that the reddies should be reserved for when someone posts a factually incorrect post, or posts information/suggestions that are clearly (?) dangerous in some way.

When people share well-thought suggestions and support them with experience and well-meaning, giving that post a reddie is inappropriate. Disagree with them in your own post, if you must, or simply state your own suggestions as an addition.

The use of reddies in any of the "advice" forums is therefore...constrained.

I'm sure there are websites that don't exercise care nor concern and urge people to vote on everything! But when i was constrained here years ago in this manner, I realized they were right.

So, the reddies I reserve for improper posts, dangerous or factually incorrect...and even then I tread with care. My next post can be used to offer differing (additional) ideas without specifically pointing at someone else's post and saying, "No, don't do that."

Make sense?

You're correct that not everyone is Christian, but that in no way invalidates well-meaning Christian suggestions, does it? I'm not a Buddhist, but if a buddhist suggests somethings and offers supportive helpful info, I don't believe saying "That's wrong, we're not all Buddhists" is helpful input from me. I can do better than that.

What were you told about hijacking a thread?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 04:43 PM

To apologize and move on, which I've tried to do hours ago. Catch up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 06:09 PM

And I can come and close a thread, the OP can start a new question to continue
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 10:53 AM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee disagrees : Alse disagree - a mixture of bad legal advice on other threads and quasi-religious advice onthis thread.
    .[/QUOTE]

I disagreed with SamBuzz (posted above) and he sent me a very nice PM (which is unusual in itself!) asking where/what legal advice he had posted.

I've looked and he's looked and I made a BIG MISTAKE! He NEVER posted any bad legal advice! I've asked that my "disagree" be removed but I don't know if that can happen.

I suspect I had him confused with someone else but that absolutely is no excuse for the undeserved "reddie" concerning the legal advice.

My apologies to SamBuzz and I'll see what I can do to make this right.
    XavierB Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2010, 02:10 PM

I do realise the error of my ways and I do know what a contradiction is. I know what I am doing is wrong and I haven't crossed any lines yet. I do love my girlfriend and would never do anything to hurt her or jeopardise what we have. I guess the hugs and the texts are wrong. I haven't texted anything my girlfriend couldn't read and I don't hide my phone from her.

I guess I'm tempted. I know ultimately I will not cross the line and I have been trying to keep my relationship with my co-worker above board. Thank you for all the sensible if somewhat harsh (at times) advice.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierB View Post
    I do realise the error of my ways and I do know what a contradiction is. I know what I am doing is wrong and I haven't crossed any lines yet. I do love my girlfriend and would never do anything to hurt her or jeopardise what we have. I guess the hugs and the texts are wrong. I haven't texted anything my girlfriend couldn't read and I don't hide my phone from her.

I guess I'm tempted. I know ultimately I will not cross the line and I have been trying to keep my relationship with my co-worker above board. Thank you for all the sensible if somewhat harsh (at times) advice.
    Always remember... to keep your pants zipped and then you won't cheat!
    If you love this girl you'll honor the fact she loves you. Remember, keep it in your pants. I'm not being crude, just blunt.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 06:17 PM

My concern is that you "guess" you were wrong. No guessing. You were wrong and on some level you have to admit it, face up to it.

No "guessing" at that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't He Stop Cheating? [ 8 Answers ]

Okay Me And My Boyfriend Have Been Together 3-4 Months And Hes Always Chatn Online And Have A lot Of Females Calling Hes Phone. When I Come Ova To His House We Always Fuss About The Girls, Then He Tell Ne How Much He Loves Me And Tries To Give Me What Eva I Want. Last Night I Told Him If He...

Cheating wife stop seeing daughter [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has neglected our daughter by working or staying in her room watching soap operas. I told her that it is more important for me to spend quality time with our daughter than to be in this room satisfying her her demanding sex crave. She found a co-worker, and is having an affair. I found out,...

Cheating Wife . And I can't seem to stop [ 38 Answers ]

OMG, I know I'm opening up myself for all sorts of criticism here, but first off, you have to know that I'm a good person, good mom. I have been cheating on my husband of 10 years for the past year with another married man. My husband and I have 2 beautiful young daughters. At first, I felt a...

Cheating on your ex, then cheating on your current boyfriend with your ex. [ 17 Answers ]

Quite the dilemma you would say. I'm actually not feeling anything morrally wrong about it, but that's wrong. I would like to say that I'm confused about my actions and how this all happened. Over the summer my xbf went away for the summer for 2months. As for the Long Distance Relationship -...

View more questions Search