Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxxnicholas1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 12:23 AM
    Replacing light switch with dimmer red black blue white wires
    I'm replacing a light switch That Controls on light socket in the room for a lamp with a dimmer switch my old switch had 2 black wires and a white but the new dimmer has a red black blue green the new lights have only black and white wires ? How do I make this light work with this switch ?

Check out some similar questions!

Changing light fixture- wires ( red, black and white?) [ 24 Answers ]

Just changed light fixture. When I put the power back on the light worked but the switch on the wall will not shut the light off. In the ceiling there was 3 wires. One black,one white and one red. The fixture that I put up has only black, white and ground. So I attached the black to black,...

Connecting red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wir [ 2 Answers ]

How to connect red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wires

Replacing light - with red, white and black [ 3 Answers ]

First off thank you for any advice you may have... Issue: I had a fixure that fell out of my ceiling so I'm not sure how it was all connected. What I see in the ceiling are 5 black wires a connect via a thick twist connector, I have the same 5 connected the same way for white wires, then I have...

Blue, Black and White wires in celing fan [ 2 Answers ]

I removed a ceiling fan to replace a switch but did not note the wires. Now I want to replace the fan but find it has Blue, Black and White wires, whereas the wires coming from the ceiling are only White and Black. It also has a green wire attached to the casing. Does the blue and black wire...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.