Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danipiampiano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 05:42 PM
    If u have gingival recession caused by a tongue ring, what's the treatment/prognosis?
    If you have gingival recession caused by a tongue ring, what is the normal treatment and prognosis. I have had my tongue ring for 15 years, today I noticed recession on 1 lower middle incisor, tongue side. My tooth is not loose, nor painful and my gum color is still normal.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2010, 06:32 AM
    First of all, you have to lose the tongue ring or the treatment won't be successful. A gingival graft would normally be the procedure that is done. A piece of tissue is removed from the roof of your mouth and placed over the area of recession. If the recession is minimal at the moment just get rid of the ring and it shouldn't get to the point where it needs a graft.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue ring digging into my tongue. [ 5 Answers ]

So I got my tongue pierced about a month ago; It didn't hurt much but as soon as the swelling went down The top ball started digging into my tongue. I know you're supposed to change it to a shorter one After the swelling goes down so I did. But now I'm not sure if it's digging into the top of...

Tongue Ring 3 [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I got my Tongue PIERCED on 2-13-08 I want to KNOW when do u think I can CHANGE it... How HARD is it to CHANGE... Wht do I have to do / LOOK for when changing my Tongue Ring... Thanks,

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

Tongue ring [ 2 Answers ]

ohkay; so I just got my tongue pierced yesterday and the barbell is huge! I can't eat much because the chewing is so painful. And the excessive salavia is disturbing. Any suggestions on what to do?

Tongue Ring [ 6 Answers ]

I am 15 TURNING 16 in 20 some days... This is a B-Day gift from my Mom... I wanted it DONE... So, she let me go & get it... I got my tongue done on 2/13/08... YESTERDAY... It didn't REALLY hurt that BAD... BUT... I am SCARED of needles... So, I almost PASSED out... BUT... Anyway... It HURTs to...

View more questions Search