Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hgd7833 Posts: 84, Reputation: 0

Jul 24, 2010, 05:14 AM
    I need a help, realtek network adapter issue, could not have a connection to internet
    I need a help.
    I had online Armor the firewall, and it seems that my AVIRA rocked some of it's files. So I had to uninstall the OA in order to install it again. After I uninstall it and reboot my laptop, I didn't get any network copnnection although it was fine before the connection.
    I talked to my internet provider ( ATT ) and he tried to find my IP but there wasn't available although we reset and tried every thing but we couldn't find it.
    The agent there told me that this is a hardware problem not a connection problem since the OA has damaged some of the drives in the network adapter
    When I click on device manager , Network adapters
    I read the following:
    Bluetooth Device (Personal area network )
    Bluetooth device (RFCOMM protocol TDI)
    Intel(R) Wireless WiFi link 4965AGN
    Intel(R) Wireless WiFi link 4965AGN-OnlineArmor Miniport
    Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
    Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS6.0)-OnlineArmor Miniport

WAN miniport (IP)-OnlineArmor Miniport
    WAN miniport (IPV6) - OnlineArmor Miniport
    WAN miniport ( network monitor) - OnlineArmor Miniport

I also went to Network and sharing center in the control pannel
    And I clicked in Diagnose and repair
    It gives the following:
    There might be a problem wirth one or more network adapters on this computer:

1) The network adapter Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) is experiencing driver or hasrdware related issues

2) Make sure your internet Protocol Bindings are correct: Ensaure thst internet protocol version 4 ( TCP/IPv4) and internet Protocol version 6 are selected in the configuration for the network adapter " Local area connection ).
    I talked to HP and the agent there told me that you have to download the drivers from their web, but refrain from giving me any further details
    Unless I pay ( My note book is out of warranty) so I decided to do it myself but I need a help please?
    Thanks
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 11:04 PM

Laptop model?

HP has all the software for all their products on their website. Click Support and Drivers on their homepage and then enter the laptop model.

I also disagree with AT&T's and Windows diagnostics assessment that you have a hardware problem. Looks to me like it is a software configuration problem. If you still have devices with OnlineArmor in their name, the product wasn't fully uninstalled, but I don't know anything about OnlineArmor. You may want to talk to the OnlineArmor folks first to achieve a complete uninstall.

Deleting all the networking adapters, rebooting, letting the hardware be redetected, and reinstalling the network driver from HP's site (if necessary) could be done as a last resort, but it may exacerbate your problems if vestiges of OnlineArmor remain.
    hgd7833 Posts: 84, Reputation: 0

Jul 25, 2010, 04:53 PM

Thank you.
    Actually I have installed the Online Armor and using the safe mode, uninstall it again, and reboot my laptop in the normal
    Mode, and it works now fine.
    Those guys in HP and ATT should be more experienced

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to share internet connection in network [ 1 Answers ]

I have 100 pcs in my network and I want to share Internet in network. So how it is possible? By using router or making proxy server?

How can I share Internet Connection in Network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have once Pc and one Laptop.Both are connected through ethernet card and are running winxp.I have networked them both .Files are shared but Internet connection can't be shared. Please help me about this. ANd Thanks

Specify a network connection for internet access [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 network adapters installed on my computer, and each is plugged into a separate network. I need to use internet access from one network and use file sharing from the another, the both networks have internet access but I don't want to access internet through the adapter which I'm tending to...

Wireless network adapter usb realtek [ 2 Answers ]

I have a WLAN USB adapter it's a realtek and it came with a setup cd but my netbook doesn't have a cd drive, is their any way to set it up on another computer then transfer it to this one by flash drive or something? Or do I have to download something please help, thanks

Internet connection on a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

I finally got my wireless connected but when I try to go on the internet I get "No page found". I talked to the ISP and they said it was a router problem. There are 3 other devices on the router and there are no problems with them. What do I need to do?

View more questions Search