Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddy308 Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Jul 22, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Infection
    Hi I recently had a bacterial vagnosis infection an it was very painful an I was put on a antibiotic cream and pill. I first suspected I had a std so when I went to seacrh the net about std's I noticed that my boyfriend had already surched the same topic. I went to the doctor an he told me it was a bacterial infection. Do you think that my boyfriend was sleeping with another girl an gave this to me? Is it possibly because I got this afterallready sleeping with him constantly for 2 months an I know we were both clean before that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 05:25 PM

I cannot, and will not, speculate on your boyfriends fidelity.

BV can be transmitted sexually, yes. However...

Bacterial vaginosis appears to be caused by an overgrowth of several types of bacteria. It is normal to have these bacteria in the vagina. However, when something upsets the balance between normal and harmful bacteria in the vagina, it can cause unpleasant symptoms.

It is not known what causes the overgrowth of harmful bacteria. Most cases of BV occur in sexually active women. Women who have more than one sexual partner or who have a woman as a partner have a greater risk of developing the problem. However, women who are not sexually active can also have BV.

Douching or using an IUD (intrauterine device) for birth control may increase your risk.
    From Mosby's Nursing Consult

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it an infection? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, For the last few days I have been itchy around my genitals. I have not noticed any swelling or rash nor is there any foul smell. My boyfriend has confirmed that he does not seem to find anything abnormal. This led me to critically look at my vagina and the only thing I noticed is that the...

Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

SEX I started seeing someone that I really like! We've moved into a sexual relationship! This is my FIRST real sexual relationship, but not his. It's been about three weeks and we've had sex at several times a week! Now I'm itching like crazy! It's not the whole area just the area around the...

Infection or not [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone explain to me what this tingling sensation is when I go to the toilet for a wee?I even have it an hour or so after going to the toilet? Is this a common water infection or something else and can it be due to anything as me and my partner are trying for a baby?

Possible infection [ 2 Answers ]

I just noticed a whitehead of pus on one of my dog's nipples. Could it be serious?

Infection [ 3 Answers ]

If your Tongue ring gets infected, Can you die from it? OMG please tell me NO lol... I still want a tongue ring and I don't know how to tell my mom why i want one! i mean hello it is HOT hehe! help me out thanks!:p

View more questions Search