Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandra95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 10:32 PM
    How can I let go of my fears
    When I was a freshman I meet this wonderful guy who I didn't actually gave him a chances to tell him how I feel and I told him so many lies about me that when I try to tell him how much I love him it was too late.. And now that I am a senior I feel like I need to speak to him about my feelings for him because I can't even date without him being in my thoughts or heart.. But there's two problems he has a girlfriend and am scared he won't speak to me or feel the same way
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 11:19 PM

If he now has a girlfriend he should not speak to you or feel the same way as he did. It would make him out to be a lesser man to treat you like he did when you were together.

Why did you lie to him ? And what kept you from telling him how you felt especially since you say you love him?

Are there other issues here you have not mentioned?

You may have lost your chance with him now that he has another girlfriend. But it is of your own doing and I hope this will be a valuable lesson in "Honesty is not only the best policy, it is the only policy."

I wish you well
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 05:33 AM

I get the feeling you lied because you were trying to impress him. It has been three years since you two dated, or had any feelings for each other. You change a lot in high school, especially from your freshmen to senior years. Wait until college hits, that is a world of difference.

Keep your feelings to yourself. Soon he will be a thing of the past, trust me. You have spent three years of your life thinking about this guy. I know it's hard to see now, but things will change very quickly and once he isn't in your everyday life, you will hardly think about him any longer.

Do you have a self confidence issue? (Who doesn't at that age though :))
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 07:35 AM

Check out this guideline for some insights: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ip-463250.html

You had years to make your feelings clear to him. You finally gain enough courrage when it's too late.

I would say, I hope that you gained some experience from this situation so that you can do things differently in the future.

He's not the only guy in the world. You should definitely meet more people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fears: Emetaphobia. [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, so I have a bunch of fears. Fear of Heights,small spiders, What's in the dark ( not the dark itself) you know, normal usual things to fear. Besides one phobia. It's said to be very popular but I've only interacted with other on the net who have it. I have Emetaphobia. Fear of Puking...

CPA fears! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm about to start the review class for the CPA exam, and I keep hearing horror stories about the exam. People say it's harder then bar exam and the exam to get your medical license... and when I was looking in my CPA books today they said that the success rate is less than 10%.. Im so scared! ...

Getting rid of my fears! [ 2 Answers ]

We've been together for about 6 months. Everything was great. Spending everyday with each other and just about every night. Then one day not too long ago it was like everything snapped. We got in some stupid argument over nothing and automatically she said she wants her space. She felt like I...

How do you overcome fears? [ 5 Answers ]

My cousin is afraid to leave his mother and spend the night with others. What should he do? If you have any ideas of what he should do to overcome his fear please respond back ASAP!

Interviewing Fears [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in retail management for over 7yrs, I am now looking for a job and of course Going on interviews. I fear them so much, because I don't do a good job at articulating my Skills an abilities, I am confident in my abilities and feel I can manage any establishment. I feel that my lack of...

View more questions Search