Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikeSC Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 10:35 AM
    Genie Pro 88--Clicks but won't open
    My old Genie Pro 88 clicks and the light comes on but won't open--intermittent, sometimes works sometimes not. I see no adjustment screws anywhere on this thing.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 11:25 AM

These have had problems with the ground wire in unit making a good contact, reseating the ~20 pin ribbon cable, and I would also check the limit switches.

Jul 20, 2010, 04:27 PM

Tightened the ground wire... where are the limit switches? I can't find them anywhere! Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 04:40 PM

It looks like the part on the top right:
    Genie Garage Door Opener Screw Drive Parts List

Jul 20, 2010, 04:52 PM

Of course! Sorry... I was thinking the up/down pressure switches which I still can't find on the thing. Not sure it has them!
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 05:02 PM

I haven't been able to find a manual yet, follow all wires leaving the Operator.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 05:08 PM

http://www.geniecompany.com/docs/GEN...CREW%20ENG.pdf
    Look at page 6 on each end of the rail.
    Does Part 15 a and 15 b look similar to yours?

Jul 20, 2010, 08:44 PM

The limit switches are similar. I will fool with those and see if there is any change. But interesting... look at Fig 7.2. I don't have those adjustment screws! I have seen them on every opener I have installed but no this Genie Pro 88... hmmm. Maybe I am getting blind in my old age but I see no adjustment screws... Mike
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2010, 04:58 AM

Look at page 27 for the open and close force adjustments, just below receiver terminals. May be like your model?

Jul 22, 2010, 09:28 AM

Yes. Clearly that manual is not for the Pro 88 I have. There are NO open close force adjustments below the receiver terminals--or anywhere else. The receiver block has five terminals, not four as shown in the 7.2 figure, two light bulb receptacles, an infrared jumper on the left to bypass the Safe-T-Beam when not used--that's it. I didn't know they made these devices without force adjustments! Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genie Pro 88 Opens but Does Not Close! [ 22 Answers ]

My Genie Pro 88 is about 18 years old. Suddenly it seems to only open. To close it, I must pull the emergency handle to disconnect it, then close manually. However, if I reconnect the mechanism once the door is closed, it opens just fine by remote or by hard wire. If the door is in the open...

Genie Pro 88 [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the Genie Pro 88. Currently the 4-wire wall control (white, black, green yellow) and the remote signal receiver (12 pin) seem to conflict and stop each other from working because I don't have the wiring correct (just bought the house and the wires were...

Genie Pro 88 Where is the Ground Screw? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Genie Pro 88 garage door opener. It opens but does not close. I saw a similar question posted on this website and saw some responses regarding a possible solution by loosening and then re tightening the ground screw. Where exactly is this ground screw? How do I locate it and access it to...

Genie pro 88 garage opener won't open completely and won't close [ 1 Answers ]

I have screw type genie pro88 model.It does not have sensors mounted at each side of the door.The door only open half then the door stopped (I have to hold the opener's bottom all the time).If I press the bottom again, the door go down couple inches then go forward couple inches. If I press it...

Genie Pro 88 will not open electrically [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Genie Pro 88 Garage Door Opener. It had a hard-wired opener on the outside of the garage and I also had a portable opener that I kept in my car. Everything was working fine and then one day, I hit the button on the opener in my car & the Door opened only a little bit then went down. I...

View more questions Search