Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deronette97 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Jul 19, 2010, 04:19 PM
    Father that lies
    OK here's the thing my stepdad hates when people talk about our family but the thing iz he tells everyone about stuff that me and my sister do that aren't even that bad. But this time he totally told lied about us... it all started when me my sister and my friend were dancing and listening to music on YouTube in my room. Me and my sister were wearing tank tops and some shorts that was only about 2 or 3 inches above the knee and my friend was wearing a spaghetti strap tank top with some regular everyday jeans. We were having a lot of fun so we laughed quite a lot. Since we were making so much noise, my stepdad came upstairs and asked us what we were doing. We said dancing and listening to music. And then he told us to got downstairs because he was going to check the computer. But obviously he didn't find anything bad, so he technically made one up saying that we were watching videos with half-naked people on it. We knew he was lying because the videos only had lyrics on them. So after that passed my friend got in trouble because my stepdad said we were dancing naked in the room while listening to music. And another time, he took a way me and my sisters phone with something that had to do with the computer. Normally he would always tell everybody that our phone was taken away but that time he didn't because all my neighboorhood friends asked me where it was, normally they already know. My stepsisters aunt asked my her dad (my stepdad) why he took away her fone. And he said that he took it because she had a nasty picture on there which wasn't true because that happened a year ago. (the picture was sent to her by her friend, she told her friend not to text her anymore because of the picture) how do I deal with this??
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 04:24 PM

Where is your mother in all of this?

Jul 19, 2010, 05:45 PM
    My mom can't do anything about it because he'll just make a fit and pretend like he never lied. If me and my sister told him this it would be worse because he would hit us for no reason and bring up stuff from the past.
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jul 20, 2010, 01:02 PM

Where is your father? If this is as you say it is time to get another adult involved or maybe the authorities if he likes to hit.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 01:14 PM

Does your mother know the truth? Does she allow him to hit you?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 01:15 PM

Does he hit your mother also?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deronette97 View Post
    my mom can't do anything about it because he'll just make a fit and pretend like he never lied. if me and my sister told him this it wud be worse because he would hit us for no reason and bring up stuff from the past.
    I think this could be a serious issue that you need to give some more information about.

He hits you?
    How often does this happen? Hard enough to leave marks?
    Does your mother know he hits you?

When was the last time?
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 01:24 PM

If I were in your situatio I would talk to a teacher or your minister.

How long has he been your stepdad and is your real Dad in your life?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 01:30 PM

deronette97 disagrees : no, no no.. My mother or my family would never allow that

This question did not warrant a "disagree" response. Please obligate yourself to read the site rules, and terms of service, before you insult someone who is trying to help you.

Jul 20, 2010, 04:29 PM

Um I wasn't insulting, it was meant to show that I was saying no and you can't agree for something when your saying no in the beginning of a sentence, thank you very much
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 04:37 PM
    um i wasnt insulting, it was meant to show that I was saying no and you can't agree for something when your saying no in the beginning of a sentence, thank you very much
    Just tell us this, if the mom or the family doesn't allow him to hit her, why do they let him hit you? Where is your dad?

Jul 20, 2010, 05:15 PM

Well for haitians, the parents can hit there children as long as it doesn't leave a bruise or scar, but a man can certainly not hit a woman.
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jul 21, 2010, 10:33 AM

OK now I am a bit confused. Where do you live? If you are in the USA call the police. I am not familiar with other countries laws but I just don't understand how a man is able to put hands on a young woman for no reason. I think there might be a little more to this situation then you are telling. You need to give us more background on your Stepfather and how this came to be.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrshodges View Post
    OK now I am a bit confused. Where do you live? If you are in the USA call the police. I am not familiar with other countries laws but I just don't understand how a man is able to put hands on a young woman for no reason. i think there might be a little more to this situation then you are telling. You need to give us more background on your Stepfather and how this came to be.
    I'm a little confused also. Do you live in Haiti?

Jul 21, 2010, 03:54 PM

No I live in the usa, its just that we still live by the haitian culture so as long as he doesn't leave bruises. But the one problem I have is that he is a pastor and he also has anger issue's, and I think that is the reason he hits us when we tell him that he is wrong.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
    no I live in the usa, its just that we still live by the haitian culture so as long as he doesnt leave bruises. but the one problem I have is that he is a pastor and he also has anger issue's, and i think that is the reason he hits us when we tell him that he is wrong.
    Here's a little good news.. You are in the USA now. Tell your teacher. The laws here will protect you from him. He's a pastor:eek:

Jul 21, 2010, 06:51 PM

Well I guess I can do that
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2010, 06:53 PM
    well i guess i can do that
    Please do and let us know. He has no right beating you!
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 09:46 PM

KK is right and you should do what she is suggesting.

It is not right for any adult to hit or hurt a child in any way. Parents have the right and obligation to show the kids right from wrong and to punish them when they do wrong. But not by hitting or pushing or screaming at you. This is wrong for any parent to do.

And sometimes parents don't know this because they were not taught it when they were kids so they think it is OK.
    These parents need someone to teach them that it is not all right. And this is what happens when parents are found to be abusing children. And hitting or hurting is abuse. They usually also teach at the time, how not to be so angry sometimes. Some people get angry too much and too fast. Most parents don't want to be angry and hit but need to be taught how to control these feelings. There are people who can help them not to be this way. And when they learn these things it usually makes them happier and helps to make everybody around them happier.
    This may be a lot for someone as young as you to understand but I am sure you will because you are a very smart young lady.

Grown people can injure kids very badly , not even meaning to because they are so much bigger and stronger than kids and this is one reason parents should never hit or hurt.

You be brave (like you already are and I think you are great for doing it)
    And talk to a teacher or family member you trust , someone like that.

And please keep posting. We all care about you and want to do all we can to help.

I really enjoy talking (or writing) to you and hope to do so soon.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    KK is right and you should do what she is suggesting.

It is not right for any adult to hit or hurt a child in any way. Parents have the right and obligation to show the kids right from wrong and to punish them when they do wrong. But not by hitting or pushing or screaming at you. This is wrong for any parent to do.

And sometimes parents don't know this because they were not taught it when they were kids so they think it is ok.
    These parents need someone to teach them that it is not alright. And this is what happens when parents are found to be abusing children. And hitting or hurting is abuse. They usually also teach at the time, how not to be so angry sometimes. Some people get angry too much and too fast. Most parents don't want to be angry and hit but need to be taught how to control these feelings. There are people who can help them not to be this way. And when they learn these things it usually makes them happier and helps to make everybody around them happier.
    This may be a lot for someone as young as you to understand but I am sure you will because you are a very smart young lady.

Grown people can injure kids very badly , not even meaning to because they are so much bigger and stronger than kids and this is one reason parents should never hit or hurt.

You be brave (like you already are and I think you are great for doing it)
    and talk to a teacher or family member you trust , someone like that.

And please keep posting. We all care about you and want to do all we can to help.

I really enjoy talking (or writing) to you and hope to do so soon.

This is true. We all care about you. What happened to your real Dad?
    I'm really sorry you have to live with an abusive step father. There are people who will help. There are agencys who specialize in helping children.
    Do not be afraid to tell someone at school or someone whom you trust.
    You keep posting here ,OK?:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What To Do About The Lies [ 18 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 14 years and never in that time had I ever looked at his cellphone or the numbers on the bill. I woke up one day and something told me to check. I did and found he had other women in his contact list. He had been a manager at an automotive retail store and...

Lies [ 8 Answers ]

I am obviously in need of some help and opinions. I have been in an off and on relationship with this guy for over 2 years. I met him in school and we were a match made in heaven... at least that was what I used to think. I had to move for reasons that are not under my control, but we decided...

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

Father lies about child custody [ 5 Answers ]

THE FATHER OF MY SON HAS OUR 2 YEAR OLD HE DOES NOT WANT ME TO BE AROUND HIM UNLESS WE ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP! HE WAS USING MY SON AS A TOOL TO GET ME TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM WHICH RESULTED IN ME BEING 8 1/2 MONTHS WITH OUR 2 LIL BOY . THERE WAS A CUSTODY BATTLE STARTED BUT THE FATHER NEVER CAME TO...

Lies.. lies.. lies.. [ 14 Answers ]

I Have Been Married 5ys Now (together Scents 1995) We Are In The Early 30's And Have 3 Kids.(one Mine 2 Ours) There Are Many Problems In Our Relationship... mainly He Lies! Im Talking Lies To Lie. No Matter He Just Lies. Often I Think Hes Doing It To Bother Me, But At Other Times It's the First...

View more questions Search