Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerryntony9306 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 12:35 PM
    My boyfriends kid
    The baby mother won't let him see his kid if she finds out we are together... he wants to fight for custody. He has had felonys but he has a job and a good place to stay... she has been in the psych ward... and is living in a shelter with no job. How does he win custody without paying a bunch of money so me and him can be happy? Help me
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 01:10 PM
    He has to petition the court and prove to the judges satisfaction he can meet the needs of the child and poses no danger. That's just for joint custody, for full custody you have to prove the mother unfit and not in the interest of the child for her to have any custody and that's not easy.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2006, 01:10 PM
    He needs to file a motion in the local Family Court. It helps to have the assistance of an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid in a can? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was younger about an older woman who receives a delivery of a large can... about the size of a keg... when she opens it, a boy, age 8 or 9, stands from a hunched down position... he's fully naked, but it's this slow, blurred image while he's standing... ...

My boyfriends a pain but I love him just the same [ 8 Answers ]

OK so I was watching Vanilla Sky the other day, and yes you can call me stupid for saying this, but its my feelings just the same. So please answer if you have any suggestions. So me and my boyfriend have been dating for a year, and I think I love him more than life sometimes. He claims to feel...

Boyfriends still in school and its time for university in a different country [ 11 Answers ]

I've been seeing a guy for almost two years but he still has one year to go in school. I love him to pieces and want to stay with him. But I've always heard that long distance relationships don't work. I know I would see him during holidays but I also feel like I might be missing out on university...

Can't seem to cope after boyfriends tragic death [ 8 Answers ]

A little over a month ago my boyfriend was working on my car. He was underneath and the jack he was using slipped and the car fell crushing him. He was only 42 and very healthy. I am the one who found him and I am having a really hard time dealing with it all. I still feel like it's all a really...

The mother of my boyfriends child is a nutcase [ 8 Answers ]

I am currently dating a man and we are planning on getting married, he has a 2 year old daughter and things are great, I absolutely adore her, the only problem is that her mother is doing everything in her power to make our lives miserable, especially when it comes to her daughter. She won't let...

View more questions Search