Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samareco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 08:56 AM
    How to use a capacitor in speaker
    I have a speaker at home but it is not really playing well and a friend suggest I put a capacitor on the speaker for it to play well..
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 12:12 PM

You can use a non polorized elctrolytic in series to pass only the Highs, this way a tweeter won't try to reproduce the lows.
    You can place a large capacitor across power input leads, to help hold the voltage when the woofer produces the deep bass.
    You just have 1 speaker? Stero can make it sound better, is it in a cabinet?
    samareco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Thank for the ans,I will try this out and what's up with it... thnks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start capacitor/ run capacitor info [ 3 Answers ]

OK I think I have narrowed my problem down to either a run capacitor or my start capacitor My fan on top of my unit runs but the compressor will hum for about 3-5 seconds every 5 minutes or so . Is it possible for my duel run capacitor to let the fan run but not let the compressor run, or is...

Dual run capacitor(3 terminals).or is single run capacitor(2 terminals) OK? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have an older Amana HVAC system in my home. Home is 6yrs old. It Appears that my condenser unit was struck by lightning because one of the 3 terminals on the dual run capacitor was blown/melted and all the wires connected to the dual run capacitor were fried (It did storm the...

Speaker connection [ 2 Answers ]

I have two in ceiling speakers which are close to back wall.I am not sure I need connect them to L/R surround outputs or L Back/R back surround outputs of 7.1 receiver.what are differences between these two connections? Which one is better?

Speaker interference [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Dell computer for about 6 years. The last few days I have been getting music, commercials, talk shows, cooking info, etc. through my speakers. This happens a few times a day, maybe for 5 to 10 minutes at a time, even when the internet is NOT on. My cable company has never heard of...

View more questions Search