Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grateful Guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Oldsmobile Silhouette turn signal problem
    On my 2001 Oldsmobile silhouette mini-van, the right turn signal works fine, but the left rear turn light alternates with the left rear brake lights (the fronts are fine). Then, if the brakes are applied with the left turn signal, the flasher flashes more rapidly and the left rear turn bulb alternates with the left reverse bulb in sync with the rapid flasher. Any ideas?
    js20772 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2011, 10:37 AM
    I had the same problem... the lower tail light bulb was in backwards... apparently causing a problem in the circuit... make sure the bulbs are installed in the same direction as they can be put in incorrectly and you won't realize it. Hop it helps
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 01:47 PM

I've also seen the bulb's filaments broken and cross-shorted inside the bulb that caused some screwy lighting issues.
    Inspect all the bulbs and their sockets as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Altima Turn Signal Quick cycling [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1999 Altima which the passager side turn signal bulb appears to need replacing.. (Quick cycling). How do I replace the lamps? Do I have to remove the front headlight to get access? Thanks:cool:

2000 Pontiac Grand Am Turn Signal Issue [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM. The turn signal "click" sound comes on intermittently, and seems to be coming from right underneath the CD player and flasher control on the dashboard. The turn signal lights and switch are not turned on and the sound continues. When the turn signal or flashers are...

Pc problem no signal [ 1 Answers ]

I install a video card, and memory and received a no signal message from the monitor, what is the problem.

Buick Century - Turn Signal problem [ 0 Answers ]

On my wife's 98 Century, the right (passenger side) turn signal fast flashes. This is supposed to indicate the light is out, but the light works though it flashes fast as well. The light socket was replaced less than 6 months ago. At that time, when the fast flashing started the light was out. ...

Turn signal on grand prix [ 2 Answers ]

What is involved in changing a turn signal switch in a 1995 Pontiac Gran Prix ?

View more questions Search