Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    optimo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 08:02 PM
    Why a condenser will melts the contacts of a contactor
    Why a condenser melts the contact of a contactor
    optimo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 08:04 PM

Why a condenser... melts the contacts in a contactor?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 16, 2010, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by optimo View Post
    why a condenser melts the contact of a contactor
    To many amps for the contactor to handle which usually means that the compressor or other item in the unit is having problems and drawing over the listed rate.

OR

The contactor was replaced at one time with to small a unit.

OR

The contactor just wore out due to age and use.

These are the normal problems associated with contactor/starters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condenser fan not spining, contacts pull in and there is a humming, [ 1 Answers ]

Condenser fan motor not spining, fan blades move easily, contacts pull in and there is a humming, compressor starts heating up, is it the capacitor? Rheem residential unit

How to import contacts from my Outlook 2007 contacts to BT Yahoo contacts? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping that if I can import my list of Outlook contacts into BT Yahoo webmail it might stopping blocking emails from known friends. There appear to be no instructions for importing Outlook 2007 contacts into BT Yahoo/Talk21. I am following the instructions for earlier versions of Outlook, have...

How does the thermostat close the contacts on the contactor [ 1 Answers ]

how does it start the unit since the contactor is not energized? how is the complete circuit getting closed/ I know where the wires from the thermostat connect to that panel with the R, Y, W, G, C erminals but I donot undserstand how the whole thing works together maybe someone could...

Outside A/C condenser not working until I push on the contactor. Is it my relay or? [ 2 Answers ]

Everything turns on indoors except the outdoor condenser. It is only when I push down on the contactor that the outside unit turns on and cools perfectly, but it doesn't stay on. I suspect it's my relay or capacitor? Any suggestions? The relay part # is ICM205 it runs about $16 should I change this?

Contactor replacement on Home Condenser [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My outside Condenser is not kicking on. Air Handler and thermostat OK indoors. I checked the Contactor and it looks extremely dirty and pitted although not fused together. If I hold down contacts manually, Condenser / fan etc. starts and is blowing cold air. Once I release Unit stops...

View more questions Search