Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAUNTLESS Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 10:14 AM
    I am 25 years old. I love to be a loner. But now a girl has impressed me.
    I am 25 years old. I love to be a loner. I am interested in doing MBA and never thought about marriage. But now a girl (also 25 years old) has impressed me. She wants to marry me. That too as soon as soon possible. I am confused which way to go. I don't know what to do.

She is not the girl I have mentioned earlier. This girl is my childhood friend. I know her for 10 years. She has been in love with me ever since. Though she makes me feel comfortable and I like her, I would hesitate to say that I love her (though I guess I do) because I am still confused about marriage. But her parents are keen about getting her married soon.(we live in india!). This puts pressure on my original plans.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 10:27 AM

What does your heart tell you?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 10:49 AM

How long have you known her?

What would be your reasoning for not doing both?

Why is she so keen to get married?

Edit: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...do-453266.html

Is this the same girl,or a different one?
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 11:13 AM

If this isn't the same girl... hold off. Rebound romances rarely work.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 15, 2010, 12:32 PM

Tell her what you've told us, and if you don't want that for yourself also tell her that as well, don't get bamboozled into something you're not sure you even want that's a recipe for disaster, you are to live your life for you no one else. Tell the girl to back off it its not what you want.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 15, 2010, 12:35 PM

If you don't love her, if you are feeling confused, I'm thinking "no, don't marry her.
    How long have you known her?
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 01:52 PM

Is the same girl in your other thread?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 02:04 PM

Don't rush into anything, especially if you're the "rebound" guy.

I noticed that you only said that she "impressed you", but you never once said that you loved her or that you wanted to marry her.

In a healthly relationship communication should be open. Why not just explain to her that you want to complete you MBA before you get married. IF you truly want to marry her, then suggest to her that you get engaged now, but not have a wedding until after graduation.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2010, 06:33 PM

Impressed for now doesn't mean get married. That's a life changing choice that requires a lot of time and thought. If she can't wait until you know more about each other, much, much, much more.
    DAUNTLESS Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 09:42 PM
    She is not the girl I have mentioned earlier. This girl is my childhood friend. I know her for 10 years. Though she makes me feel comfortable, I would hesitate to say that I love her (though I guess I do) because I am still confused about marriage.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DAUNTLESS View Post
    she is not the girl i have mentioned earlier. this girl is my childhood friend. i know her for 10 years. though she makes me feel comfortable, i would hesitate to say that i love her (though i guess i do) because i am still confused about marriage.
    You just answered your own question. If you're confused and she makes you "feel comfortable" and you hesitate. To say you love her"... then no, you are not ready to marry her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2010, 05:35 AM

Knowing some one for 10 years may get her foot in the door, but relationships and marriages changes things into something so totally different than a friendship. No matter how long you have been friends, its different than being lovers.

Tread very carefully my friend, you're in some dangerous waters.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2010, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Knowing some one for 10 years may get her foot in the door, but relationships and marriages changes things into something so totally different than a friendship. No matter how long you have been friends, its different than being lovers.

Tread very carefully my friend, your in some dangerous waters.

I couldn't have said it better. Take this advice... marriage is hard and if you don't love someone I think it would be intolerable. Rebound romances do not work.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 16, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DAUNTLESS View Post
    she is not the girl i have mentioned earlier. this girl is my childhood friend. i know her for 10 years. though she makes me feel comfortable, i would hesitate to say that i love her (though i guess i do) because i am still confused about marriage.
    Then you don't need to marry her. The love you feel for a friend is not necessarily conducive to loving that person as a spouse.
    Marriage is a lifetime commitment and you will have enough problems without going into it knowing you don't love the lady.
    Do you. Finish your education, get your head on straight after this last lady. Tell your friend that now is not the time and the feelngs are not there.
    loner4life Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 07:13 AM
    Wow! I am in a similar situation...
    I loved a girl even since I was a 12 and I become a loner because she left the country. I told her my feelings when I was 17 and the turn me down and now I am still a loner and dude I also have no plans to get married in life. Loner for Life!
    And yes I am also from India.
    PS: I don't know how much you believe in jyotish/kundli but I do and I seen my kundli and it appears that I may have a chance of divorce or 2 marriages in my life. Therefore the best way to avoid this is to be a LONER FOR LIFE!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fell in love with 17 years old girl [ 5 Answers ]

I am 39 years old and used to talk with 17 years old girl of my family. We became friends and used to send emotion of love to each other. When I went to vocation, I met her and asked for kisses and hugs. She premited me and later on I talked to her much and kissed her much as well as hugs. We were...

3 years of great love, now girl wants to go back to her childhood friend [ 21 Answers ]

Hello All, Hope everyone is doing well. Am not, in a deep state of shock, depression... am 31 and about to finish my PhD... I met this girl ~ 3yrs ago, in fact she was the one who started this relation, as I was out going and helped her meet people and gave comfort. About her, she is a very...

Sad drunk loner [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 30 years old I've just lost my family and job threw drink I know I've a serious problem with drink I try tackle it, but then feel so lonely and isolated I always end up back in bar I've very few friends except my drinking buddies I suffer from low self esteem, any suggestions would be welcome...

View more questions Search