Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kgd523 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 10:37 AM
    Desktop shortcuts show .url extension
    Something happened after a long overdue update to cause a couple of the many shortcuts on a (Dell laptop) Windows XP desktop like Google to display the title: Google.url and a Popfile shortcut now reads: Popfile User Interface.url. If I delete the Google shortcut and try to make another one the same thing happens. If I try to rename it to just "Google" the icon is destroyed. What do I have to reset to be able to make shortcuts without that ".url" extension? Thanks.
    c_starrs Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

Dec 28, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Open up my computer, then go to Tools> Folder Options> View, then Tick "Hide File Extensions for known file types"
    icDavey Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Apr 21, 2013, 12:42 PM
    How to accomplish this in windows 7 which does not have My Computer window?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shortcuts In Documents [ 2 Answers ]

How do I put shortcuts in text documents? I'm using wordpad, and I have a lengthy document. I know you can press ctrl or something and then a number to get to a certain spot (or maybe just page.. ) but how do I do this?

.exe Files Won't Run From Shortcuts [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here and have a problem with my PC. Last night while on the internet, a small window popped up which said something like " Windows will now shutdown". In the grey box below was the message "oh no :-(". My computer then shut down & automatically restarted. I have McAfee Viruscan and...

Computer Keyboard Shortcuts [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know where I can print a list of the shortcuts for the number keyboard, eg: alt+64 gives you @ and alt+63 gives you a? Is there somewhere that I can print out all of the short cuts, as I am currently working with a French keyboard, and need to know where all of these...

URL addresses [ 2 Answers ]

How does one find out the (numerical) URL or IP address of a particular website or e-mail address? Thanks much, John Mackenzie

URL question [ 1 Answers ]

Why are there no slashes in URLs beginning mailto:, two slashes in URLs beginning http:// or ftp://, and three slashes in URLs beginning file:/// ? What do those slashes mean? What are they FOR?

View more questions Search