Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2010, 11:22 AM
    Pool chlorine
    I just to tested the pool water (not that I want to go swimming, I just don't want bacteria)
    PH was normal, but Chlorine was low. I don't see anything around that looks like or says chlorine. I do have half a bottle of pool muriatic acid. What is that for?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2010, 12:00 PM

Adjust the PH. Makes water more acidic.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2010, 12:03 PM

So should I go get a couple bottles of chlorine? I know where he used to shop, I might be able to figure out how much he used by their records.

Oh wait, we have a duck with chlorine tabs in it, maybe it is just empty. I'll go check.:rolleyes:;)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2010, 12:05 PM

See: How to Properly Maintain Swimming Pool Water Chemistry - wikiHow
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2010, 12:12 PM

OK I added 2 more jumbo tablets to the duck. I'll check it later after it has circulated some.:)
    gitney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 04:28 AM

I added 6 chlorine tablets yesterday .Woke up and pool was milky.Should I take the tablets out of the tube.10000 gallons in pool.Cement in ground.
    poolman64 Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2010, 06:38 AM

Without knowing all the test results on your water, it is almost impossible to tell what you need to do. You need to know the following: Total Dissolved Solids, Calcium Hardness, Total Alkalinity, PH, Free Available and Combined Chlorine. If you have a pool supply store in your area take a bottle of water to them and they will test it for free. They can then tell you exactly what you need to add to your pool to re-balance the water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PH and chlorine [ 4 Answers ]

Does a high concentration of chlorine lower the pH? How about 200 ppm of chlorine?

Chlorinated pool stays cloudy, tried algie and more chlorine [ 9 Answers ]

Chlorinated pool stays cloudy regardless of adding algie treatment and more shock to pool water and all levels are as should be. I have used a clarifier but still does not clear it up. Can someone help with ideas? Thank you.

Chlorine Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

This is my second year owning an above ground pool. It holds 24, 000 gallons of water. I am in the process of opening it and just like last year I am dumping huge amounts of chlorine in it and it is still not registering free chlorine when I test the water. This same problem happened last year and...

View more questions Search