Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariyah1120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 12:33 PM
    Invisible bugs are eating me!
    So for the past week or so I suddenly developed this horrible itching everywhere! It started on my head & I swore I had lice but was checked numerous times & there is nothing there. Then I realized it had spread down my neck to my back and arms and now I itch EVERYWHERE CONSTANTLY!! I am losing my mind! I don't have allergies & have never had any skin conditions ever. I am a healthy active 30 year old woman. I am also extremely clean. My family calls me OCD. I don't go anywhere without my hand sanitizer & wipes. As a side note not sure if this is related but a little over a month ago I tried to nurse & keep alive a newborn feeder mice my snake never ate (it ended up dying in a few days) & about a week ago I rescued a stray kitten from some jerk who was trying to purposefully run it over with his car. Seeing as how the humane society was closed I brought kitty home & to my horror discovered he had a few fleas nothing too serious, so we have been treating him and the whole house for fleas it seems to be working. I wash and disinfect everything religiously. Do you think the stray cat could have somehow cross contaminated some skin parasite to me? I am just freaking out!! Anyone have any ideas? Oh and it seems to be just me with this issue for now, my husband nor my two children don't seem to have any issues. Sorry for the long post but please someone help me! :(
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 9, 2010, 01:34 PM
    The quick onset of symptoms makes me think you might have picked up some sarcoptes mites. Below is a link about them. Don't freak out when the name for the syndrome comes up.

"Sarcoptic Mange"
    htxlarissa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 05:22 AM
    You probably have scabies, or sarcoptic mange, I got it from a kitten I tried to rescue once too. UNLESS you are also seeing pepperlike black spots, which would be pepper mites, or Morgellons Syndrome-a much worse, lesser known, issue that is currently destroying me and my husband's lives... what makes me say this is because I have never heard of scabies on the scalp, ESPECIALLY as a starting point. Pepper Mites on the other hand make you feel like there is constantly stuff crawling all over your scalp, especially at night. Rub your scalp over the sink (I assume you have a white sink) vigorously for a few minutes, and if you see tiny pepper-like flecks, start researching Morgellons and Pepper mites NOW-before it gets worse. Otherwise, it probably is scabies, and your doctor can give you a cream for it that will kill them. If you've got scabies on your scalp too, I think a lice shampoo would handle it, but definitely do it more than once and tell your Dr. that you feel them there too, he may have something stronger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible Bugs [ 26 Answers ]

FACTS: 25yr old female clean freak, I live in jersey in a 4 family building, top floor 3 bedroom no carpets/ terrace door. I currently live with 3 other roommates. I had a friend who move in after he got evicted from his apartment. It was a fast move just throwing things in boxes. About 2...

Invisible bugs in my recliner [ 9 Answers ]

For the past few days, every time I sit in my favorite recliner (which I do every night while watching tv), I feel something very tiny crawling on me and I scratch and feel but there is nothing there. I can't see anything nor can I feel anything. I have read other posts that indicate they get...

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

Car bugs that bite and invisible are not your imagination [ 3 Answers ]

Need help, have bugs that have invaded my car. Like one responder wrote, these bugs bite a lot then sometimes at all. I have to shower and wash my clothes because before I realized what they were I was bringing them in house, had professionals to fog and spray house several times to get rid of...

View more questions Search