Ask
    jrob_10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 11:24 AM
    What causes slightly discolored toilet water
    Just a quick question.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 9, 2010, 04:51 PM

What color is the water? If it's red or brown open the tank lid and tell me if you have rust build up on the tank walls, Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flange slightly canted, not level with finished floor [ 2 Answers ]

Installed PVC closet flange 1/2 inch above concrete floor, allowing for quickset and ceramic tile installation. Due to the drain pipe pitch, the flange is slightly off-level and canted approximately 1/4" above the finished floor level. Will this be a problem for proper leveling and installation of...

Discolored water [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I have noticed that my water has a faint yellowish brownish tint to it, I only noticed it because I compared the color after it froze in ice trays to water I know is clean in another tray (clear cubes compared to a yellowish tint to them) I have drank the water, before I noticed the...

Discolored water [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment in an old building. Recently the water froze and ever since the plumbers fixed it the water comes out reddish brown and you can see stuff in it. The problem will clear up for a few days and then the water will turn color again. Why is this happening? Is it safe for us to...

Floor slightly tilted near toilet [ 5 Answers ]

Tore up an old floor in bathroom to have new plumbing installed but realized there is a slight grade heading downhill towards my toilet ,that will soon be installed along with my sink... what can I do besides tearing up my floor to level it out near the toilet and sink?will there be toilet issues...

Discolored Hot Water [ 3 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can help... My hot water is a light yellow dinge color. Not very noticeable and you can only notice it when you fill a glass up with hot water and set it next to a glass filled with cold water. We recently converted from an electric water heater to a gas water heater in...

View more questions Search