Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    palakpatel Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 11:20 AM
    Dell 1545 inspiron laptop windows 7
    I've dell inspiron 1545 laptop, got in gift. When I got it there is no sound in laptop. I tried for sound but can't do it, so I give my laptop to 1 person who can check what is the problem for sound & install some software which I want in my laptop. After 1 day I got 1 message that your windows 7 is not genuine. Then I ask that person what he has done with my laptop, he said - he format the laptop & installed duplicate windows 7. in control panel it shows 1 message that ''activate windows now'' & show prodouct key also. So is this product key is for genuine windows 7 or duplicate windows 7? I've 1 year warranty also, in which 250 days remain. Can I get again genuine windows 7?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 11:22 AM
    Nope, it's a pirated version. I assume it will shut down to limited use soon. Best to best a legit copy of Windows 7 and install it or use the key.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2010, 09:31 AM
    No, you would need a new valid product ID. The one currently showing is the suspected pirated one.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2010, 09:34 AM
    I'm assuming you got a product key when you purchased the laptop. You need to enter that key then activate.

P.S. Please don't use the Reply feature for follow-up questions, use the Answer This question options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live avatar dell inspiron 1545 [ 4 Answers ]

I bought dell inspiron 1545 and my live cam avatar software is removed, how can I get it free for windows 7.

Dell inspiron laptop [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a dell inspiron laptop and was wondering if I can use a d-link wna-2330 card for wireless access to the internet. If it would support this card where on the Dell would I plug it in and would it allow me to surf the web from any room in my house? Thanks in advance for the help!;)

Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I acidentally dropped my laptop a few days ago and consequently the LAPTOP monitor and the CPU cooler fan did not work anymore. I was able to resolve the LCD issue by reconnecting the cable back to the mother board.. However, I don't know how to diagnose the fan problem. I don't mind...

Problems with a Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon, This one is a real lulu. I own a Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop which has been behaving up to now. I run Windows XP with SP2. This laptop is currently fitted in a Dell Advanced Port Replicator (base station) In addition two portable USB hard drives are also connected. Among the...

Problems with a Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I recently tried to connect a Dell 540 photo printer to a Dell Inspiron 5000 computer running Windows XP Home. I got the laptop to recognize the printer but it would not print. I decded to disconnect the printer and uninstall the drivers. Soon my laptop began having problems at startup. It...

View more questions Search