Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moniesquest Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 06:12 AM
    My first meeting with probation office and I don't have the money do I go to jail?
    I got a speeding ticket. Went to court and did not have the money to pay the ticket. Then the judge put me on probation for 90 days. Now it is 12 days later and I have my first visit with my probation officer. I do not have the money for my probation officer. Do they send me to jail? I am not a criminal! I went 12 miles over the speeding limit.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 06:15 AM

You are on probation for 12 miles over the limit? Do you have a criminal history?

You will "probably" get a warning and extension of time but could go to jail.

Jul 8, 2010, 06:23 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Absolutely not! I do not have a criminal history!I went to court 12 days ago to with the ticket and the judge asked did I have the money and I told her no, not at this time and she said I would have to be put on probation. When I walked out of the co
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 06:36 AM

Please post your answer by using the "reply" section so it is complete.

Am I correct that you didn't have the money to pay the fine and so you were placed on probation and given a time frame within which the fine has to be paid?

Wow - what State? In NY you would be given an extension of time but NOT put on probation. It seems to me that you were treated harshly (for lack of another word).

Jul 8, 2010, 06:43 AM
    JudyKayTee did you get my response, or anyone else out there that can seriously help me with this question.

Jul 8, 2010, 06:50 AM
    It is the state of GA. I am actually a New Yorker living in Ga. Yes I did not have the money and was placed on probation for 90, and or until I can pay the fine. If after 90 days I can not pay the ticket I will be sentence to jail for 120 days! I do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband was charged with theft by bring stolen property into state, theft by taking, theft by receiving stolen property, criminal trespass, aggravated cruelty to animals, removal of id items from animals. His sentence is 6 years jail time and 4 years probation. Will he serve all 6 years jail...

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 1 Answers ]

My exhusband has never execised his visitation rights of our twin girls. We have been divorced for 7 1/2 years. He is in jail now. I have not received child support in 2 years. Is this considered abandament? I live in Georgia.

I violated my probation because I missed a meeting I wasn't notified about [ 1 Answers ]

I am in violation of my probation, because I missed an appointment with my probation officer in Nov. '09,(that I didn't know of), and for attmiting to the use an of illegal drug. Although I did go to the probation office in Nov. to see my probation officer, who wasn't there at the time. Now he's...

First probation meeting [ 5 Answers ]

If I was put on probation for the first time ever and had to report 1 week later and had to take a drug test could I violate my probation if I tested positive for drugs?

View more questions Search