Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicnac88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 03:10 PM
    Can you sue a biological parent for severe neglect and abuse all noted by social?
    By the time I had reached 5 I had been abandoned by my biological mother after being abused and neglected from day one, there are reports from social services, hospitals, nurseries even police and fire, most of these reports I could get copies if I requested, so where do I legally stand in the U.K (ENGLAND) to sue her for the neglect and abandonment along with emotional distress caused through the course of my life which the memories will never subside?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 05:29 PM

You hire a solicitor, get your evidence together, be prepared for a long battle and hope you win the case. Do you have enough money to take on a venture like this ? There will be solicitor fees for just about everything. There will be discovery on both sides of the fence; discovery meaning she did, she said, you did, you said and the lawyers from both sides sitting there taking tallies of all discussions. Oh, and you should be prepared to hunker down for a number of months, maybe years while all of this gets settled. Now, do you see why ask if you have enough money to carry this through? If your solicitor thinks you have a case, he may carry you for a few months, otherwise forget it.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue my wealthy parents for neglect, emotional damage? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I have been on my own pretty much since I was 17 years old. I was raised by my mother who has a PhD and is a professor at a university. My father owns a manufacturing company in Jamaica which employs over 400 people. He also had a short senatorial term a few years ago. He is...

Can I sue my ex husband for abandoment and neglect [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 5 years old and has spent little time with him since birth. He fathers children throughout the area and claims he has no son. Xmas, birthdays, and other holidays he doesn't contact at all. I want to know if I have legal grounds to sue for abandonment, child neglect, and taking his rights...

Child abuse and neglect [ 7 Answers ]

I recently called child protective services on my friend. We have been friends for a long time (2ND grade). Her husband is a drunk and is very lets say VIAL and its almost everyday he's like that. I tried to get her to leave before she had this baby, they had one about 4 years ago that they didn't...

Child Abuse? Endangerment? Neglect? How do you know? [ 2 Answers ]

These are very powerful words. How do I know when to use them? I have a sister who is a single mother of a 23 month old. Who is living with a girl who is a known "dealer" I don't know what the girl "deals" in, however I am concerened for my nephews safety. The people that come and go from...

Child Abuse, Neglect, Abandonment ? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: YES I am wondering what do you do to go about turning in a 6 year child that you know is being hurt or has been abused / Neglected and Also that the Mother left her Son with out calling for a few days and says that she don't want him she never has ? Is there child Abandonment Laws in...

View more questions Search