Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockleect Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 06:39 AM
    Refrigerator crisper drawers
    I have a kenmore elite fridge and the crisper drawers have become really hard to open. I'm afraid they will crack each time
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Hi, rockleect!

Is there a shelf or shelves directly on top of them? Please answer that question. A support may have become dislodged or there might be too much weight on a shelf.

Also, you might want to try using a bar of soap to lubricate any edges on the shelves that rub against anything else.

Thanks!
    rockleect Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Good idea... ill try that
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jul 12, 2010, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, rockleect!

Is there a shelf or shelves directly on top of them? Please answer that question. A support may have become dislodged or there might be too much weight on a shelf.

Also, you might want to try using a bar of soap to lubricate any edges on the shelves that rub against anything else.

Thanks!
    =
    break them then call sears... Ask for 903278 only. I'll order you new shelves then for a cup of coffee (better be whole bean soaked in old #7) I'll show you how to make your crisper drawers function even better. We'll run a small line off a single valve to a spray arm that mounts around the drawers. Its wired in to a timer and sprays a mist over your fruits and veggies as needed based on the humidistat settings. Generally this gives you better refrigeration in the whole box while keeping only your drawers a little wet. There is an absorbing mat we'll cut to fit the bottom that will hold moisture too. Why do I have to think of everything for free... at any rate, this whole little project will cost you a bag of whole bean coffee, and possibly a night on the town with your wife. She's going to love to have a mister on her english cucumbers... wink wink LOL ~*a fixed mister on the bottom of the shelf spraying into the drawers would be nice huh?

the best drawer for a crisper would be a roll top door...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crisper drawer for white westinghouse refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for crisper drawer for a refrigerator. This is in a rental unit and I am tired of spending over $100 to replace drawers. What do tenants do with the drawers. This is a refrigerator that is probably about 6 years old. My husband suggested putting a plastic pull out container in...

Amana crisper drawer [ 1 Answers ]

Bottom freezer unit arb2217cw Everything I put into the drawer freezes

Refrigerator freezes vegetables in crisper [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmorerefrigerator freezes fruit & vegetables in the freezer. I have truned it to the 2 setting< and the humidity control on the crispers tomiddle range. It was at 3 & low humidity setting.

Refrigerator Crisper Freezes [ 1 Answers ]

Why do vegetables freeze in my refrigerator crisper? It's an Amana bottom freezer appliance. I've set the refrigerator section at 38 degrees and the freezer compartment at zero degrees. The two crispers then go down to 30 degrees. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search