Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scooterdude Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 03:05 PM
    How do I file a legal "something" to tell someone to stop telling lies
    My wife is battling me for custody of our two boys, and isn't thinking about what is best for our kids. When she left me after an argument, I agreed that her bringing the boys to her cousin's would benefit the boys while we worked it out, but she wants to bring them to New Jersey to her relatives and wants me to not see them. She filed a domestic violence restraining order with the court, even though there are no charges from the police about our argument, it was a yelling match. She lied and said I have been sexually abusing the boys, and that I did it to her 18 year old daughter too, along with hitting her on several different occasions. You all can believe me or not, but I haven't touched my wife since our one and only domestic violence occasion 8 years ago when I pulled her hair. I learned to never lay a finger on anyone. The restraining order stopped me from being able to even talk to my kids for two weeks now, until we go to court this Friday July 2nd. I feel she will accuse me again, I feel she will not let up because this seems to be a sure fire way to have parental rights taken away. Does anyone know what I can legally file to tell her to stop telling lies to the court? Can I get a social worker to talk to my 6 year old? Just so you guys know, my 6 year old and my 3 year old love me so, so much. Does anyone have any advice?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 03:17 PM

What state is this in? Another thing is you can ask the courts for a parental evaluation. At this point is is a true MUST in your situation. Also allegations of sexual abuse during a custody hearing that can't be proven is very bad for her. Were any doctors reports or anything brought into evidence? Have you been arrested?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 07:07 PM

Your attorney who is helping and working on the child custody will write a letter to stop certain actions.
    scooterdude Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    What state is this in? Another thing is you can ask the courts for a parental evaluation. At this point is is a true MUST in your situation. Also allegations of sexual abuse during a custody hearing that can't be proven is very bad for her. Were any doctors reports or anything brought into evidence? Have you been arrested?
    Dear califdadof3, no proof at all sir, just her writing these things down and whatever judge read it decided to put the restraining order in effect until the hearing. I printed a form from online which is supposed to be a cease and desist letter form, threatening legal action if she doesn't stop the lies, at least I can show the court I will not put up with any lies. It is in California by the way...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I write a "bat" file that will run same exe file multiple times ? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm struggling with writing my bat file recently. It's a basic *.bat file that is going to do some stuff on the command line. I have wrote a basic bat file that runs ***.exe file on the command line (that is going to re-flash cell phones). But I want it to run the same exe files two times. It's...

Convert A.Illustraor "letterhead" file to Word file to type letters in [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have created a letterhead template/file in Adobe Illustrator in colour. I know I can "convert to Word file" in Illustrator, but the images (logo, text) come out a bit fuzzy and unclean. I want to be able to open the letterhead in Word so that I can type letters directly on the...

"Full stop" or "Period" [ 1 Answers ]

I teach English and have some US students and some English students. I was wondering about the history of the names "full stop" and "period". Which name came first and how did the other name originate?

Catching Her in "White Lies" . Suggestions? [ 58 Answers ]

Over the last two weeks I have caught my GF in lies... I have asked her about a coworker that appeared on her myspace... she acted funny and then said she didn't recognize the name or know who I was talking about The we talked about a big weekend she had a month ago in a different city. She...

View more questions Search