Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parky0vhull Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 01:19 PM
    I need help with dna testing because I'm not on the birth certificate
    I need help because my ex didn't put me on the birth certificate,I'm getting access now but she keeps changing it saying I can see her than I can't so I just want it all sorting out and need advise on how to do it so I can get set access to stick to
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 01:52 PM

What do you mean by access? Do you want visitation with the child?

If so you go to Family Court (or whatever it's called in your area) and file for visitation. The Court will order DNA and settle paternity. Then, if you are not a danger to the child, you will receive visitation and most probably be ordered to pay child support (even though those are separate issues).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 03:03 PM

First you need visits, and ability to take the child to your home for the weekends and more,

You file a motion for either joint custody of the child, or for visitation of the child. You ask for what visits you want.
    You will then get a court order for a DNA test.

Jun 28, 2010, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What do you mean by access? Do you want visitation with the child?

If so you go to Family Court (or whatever it's called in your area) and file for visitation. The Court will order DNA and settle paternity. Then, if you are not a danger to the child, you will receive visitation and most probably be ordered to pay child support (even though those are separate issues).
    I have visition but not a paper lol she allows me to have it but wouldn't let me be named as father
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2010, 04:51 AM

Then you have no LEGAL rights unless/until you file for them in Court.

Jun 28, 2010, 05:55 AM

I would but I'm scared its going to cost too much to get it al done because I've been made unemployed resently and got a family to pravide for and I am just managing to do that
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2010, 07:12 AM

Then the mother of the child gets to decide when, where and how you see the child because you have no legal rights. In some States there is financial help available but only the Court in your jursidiction would know that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone sign a birth certificate if they don't have dna proof? [ 1 Answers ]

Can my fiancé sign my two year olds birth certificate if he is not really the father?

Dna testing [ 4 Answers ]

This girl which is married had a kid 2 to 3 months after she got married but it's not mind ( the husband) can she get a court order to force the alleged father to take a DNA test

DNA testing [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard from attorneys (in my state) that even if a father has signed the birth certificate if he is not married to the mother he is not legally presumed the father until he files for paternity in a court of law. Hence, he has no custodial or visitation rights. If he wants rights, DNA testing...

Dna testing [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a dna test you can get done while you are pregnant

DNA testing [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know what can cause a paternity test to come out with a negative from chewing tobacco or brushing you teeth. :eek:

View more questions Search