Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jubake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Unwed fathers rights in Ohio
    My boyfriend and I just split up and we have a 5 month old daughter if I let him have visitation of our daughter can he take her and get temporary custody? State of Ohio
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 03:55 PM

Is he on the birth certificate ?

You need to file for custody ( he can then file for joint if he wants it) fathers normally can get joint custody if there is not a reason he can't. ( if they just ask for it)

You need to work out a visit program with him, since not allowing him to visit the child will also go against you in court when you get there.

If nothing else, have a third party and allow him a evening or afternoon each week with child, till you get visits and custody arranged.

It works best if you both will just agree on custody, child support, and will file a motion together in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unwed teenage fathers rights [ 25 Answers ]

I am seeking advice for my teenage son who is the father of a 7 month old son. Akron/Canton, Ohio. He was 17 and his girlfriend was 16 when she became pregnant. At this date, they are both 18 years old and seniors in high school. She and the baby have lived with us... myself, my husband and my...

Unwed Fathers Rights [ 4 Answers ]

I am a single mom and not planning on putting the fathers name on the BC. Does this limit his rights?

View more questions Search