Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelann1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 08:58 AM
    How do I get temporary emergency custody order, chicago
    I have filed for guardianship and the court date is not until sept 2. Its my 9 year old niece and ny 13 year old nephew. My brother is their father and he was murdered in 2006. Their mom has yet to provide a stable home. I think I need emergency temp. custody until sept 2. how do I get the emergency order?
    rachelann1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelann1 View Post
    i have filed for guardianship and the court date is not until sept 2. Its my 9 year old niece and ny 13 year old nephew. my brother is their father and he was murdered in 2006. their mom has yet to provide a stable home. i think i need emergency temp. custody until sept 2. how do i get the emergency order?

By the way, the kids have been with me since aug. 1 of 2009. I got them in school and up to date in missing vaccines and dental treatment. Before me, the kids would move from state to state, never having a educational foundation. And mentally the mother has never gotten them therapy for their horrific loss of their father.
    ajamma99 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jun 26, 2010, 11:36 AM

Are the kids living with you now?If so what will it matter if you wait until Sept.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 26, 2010, 02:31 PM

You go to the court where you applied for guardianship and ask that they issue you a temporary guardianship pending the hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I obtain a temporary custody order in GA? [ 3 Answers ]

My sister lives with my husband and I, we live in the basement apartment of my mother and step-father's house. My mother is currently out of the picture. My sister's father (not mine) is now threatening to take her, out of the county we live in, away from the school system she has gone to for 8...

How do I get temporary custody or emergency custudy [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are split up and we are filing for divorce, I currently staying with my mother till I get financially stable again.He took the car and everything.So I'm starting over.We have a 4 yr old daughter together and he took her over the weekend,He called Friday night and then he never...

Emergency custody order due to the mother of my kids doing meth [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 kids with my ex, we weren't married, she has full custody till I take it to family court. Can't afford a lawyer right now. Their mother is doing meth, I have police reports stating this, and one states that the children were there when their mother came home high on meth, she beat up her...

Emergency temporary custody [ 1 Answers ]

How to long does it take to get emergency temporary custody in Florida

View more questions Search