Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mfiola Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 12:09 PM
    High pitched "squeal"
    High pitched "squeal" coming from the pipe where the water enters the house when the water is being run anywhere in the house. Very annoying. The house is about 20 yrs old. Copper plumbing. I have been here about 8 years and it has not always been this way, although I do not recall when it started. I already tried adjusting the main water shut-off valve. No luck.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2010, 01:38 PM

What do you mean by adjusting the water S/O valve?

Get a water pressure test gauge see the image below,check the water pressure, and let us know, it sounds like you have problem with you PRV, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Mfiola Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 02:42 PM
    By "adjust the valve" I simply mean that I have tried it with the valve partially closed, all the way open, etc.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2010, 06:59 PM

Check the water pressure and let us know, Thanks.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 26, 2010, 06:15 AM
    Do you have a PRV,(pressure reducing valve see the image) installed. Answer Johns question. What's the PSI entering your house Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High Pitched Whistle From Baseboard [ 14 Answers ]

I have a forced hot water heating system with two zones. Whenever the first zone demands heat I hear a high pitched whistle. It seems to be louder at the first baseboard in the loop. Do not hear it at any other baseboards. Tried bleeding system but not too much pressure coming out of spigot. Any...

High pitched squeal coming from hot water tap in shower [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently a loud, high pitched squeal has started in the hot water tap of my shower. If I play around with the tap it will stop (but most of the time start again). Any idea on what the problem is and how I can fix it?

High pitched noice in basement [ 2 Answers ]

There is a high pitched noice in my basement... as far as I can tell, its near the hot water heater. Above it... maybe in the pipes? Any ideas. It is not anything electronic or washer/dryer related... help!

High Pitched Whine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very perculiar problem with a computer I gave to a customer. It makes a very high pitched whining noise. It's not very loud, just loud enough to get hella annoying after a half an hour or so. I discovered that by unplugging the sound jack for the internal speakers from the back the...

View more questions Search