Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mooch69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 04:30 AM
    for as long as i can remember I've suffered unbearable bouts of abdominal pain.
    they use to happen once every couple of months then over time the gap in between the bouts of pain were getting closer together? In September of 2009 I was rushed to emergency department of my local hospital unable to walk, talk or basically breathe? I'm 6ft tall and weighed in at 95kgs I'm was very muscly and fit not overweight by a long shot little did I know that being as fit as I was would eventually be what saved my life. April of 2010 is when it all ended after a gross misdiagnoses and I mean a huge medical stuff up! Here is where it gets interesting so bear with me, on christmas day 2009 I went to bed and eventually got out on 12th April 2010. After over 10 hospital sleep overs which lasted a week at a time, lost count on how much saline they pumped into me due to severe dehydration and over 300mg of hydrocortisone a day of course after a colonoscopy, cat scans, x-rays, ultrasounds, drinking dye, having that stuff injected into you that makes you feel like you had wet your pants, having things shoved up my behind for over 15mins at a time and god what else haven't I been probed prodded and drank. They finally diagnosed me with crohns? Oh boy was that wrong. In 3 months my poor body whittled down to 59kgs and with all the steroids they had me on for the crohns killed my right kidney, my bowel was swollen shut since christmas my second opinion doctor reckons mabye that's the reason I have to get all my natural teeth removed and replaced with false ones because I was actually throwing up my own poo, septicemia set in as my bowel was severely swollen, my hemogloben went from a average 10 to 7 so I was passing out constantly when awake, I was grey to look at, my blue eyes took on a pale grey tone, the whites of my eyes were yellow and I was dying right in front of my children and getting desperate. To cut a long story short if it wasn't for that second opinion I wouldn't be writing this, I was eventually diagnosed with diverticulitis and a seed of some sort (that I had eaten when I was a child) lodged itself in my bowel and my skin started to grow over it. I grew a massive fistula that took 33yrs to slowly grow that closed my bowel shut, so over half my large bowel, half my small intestines, my right kidney and 40kgs of weight GONE and 8 blood transfusions later... my now issue and it isn't a major one after what I went through but my hair is falling out, I have no appertite and I can't put weight on to save myself? My surgeon said if I even get a common cold it will put me back in hospital for god knows how long as my immune system is at rockbottom. 2yrs till I'm back to being close to what I used to be, my surgeon said I will most likely never fully recover? All over a misdiagnoses?
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Jun 25, 2010, 05:53 AM

Wow, after all that, you probably won't fully recover. If you can stay off the steroids, your immune system might recover to a point where you aren't so likely to be done in by a minor infection. You could try Rogaine or other hair loss products without a prescription for your hair loss, but good nutrition would help too. Try to get extra calories in by drinking something like Ensure with and between meals. Take good care of yourself. Good luck!
    marma Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2010, 05:58 AM
    I really tried to understand what you are going through, so your saying its because of misdiagnosis,

Well I tell you one thing, there is always a cure don't worry ;),, they don't have to be doctors who will find out what is,

As long as a human body is alive, then definitely every organ is alive,

50% of cureness depends on your mood and psychology,,

If you need any help,, ;) don't forget to ask

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have bouts of: Always hot, can't cool down, profuse sweating, body pain, tired, [ 6 Answers ]

I am so frustrated. I have such a hard time controlling my body temperature. I have been told I have chronic fatigue related to having Mononucleosis twice when I was younger. I have been told I have Epstein Barr, also related to chronic fatigue. I have bouts of bad body pain in my arms, hands,...

Fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, weakness or sweating and low back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Fever,nausea,vomiting,abdominal pain,weakness or sweating and low back pain what this symptoms shows

Why do I have pain in gums after crown placement , pain becomes unbearable at night [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on painkillers from past 3-4 days.

Abdominal pain along with breast pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I been having lower abdominal pain along with breast pain. It has been a week and I also missed my menstrual. I am just not ready to take the test because I am always late so taking my time and trying to figure out what is really happening with my body. I been having lot of...

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

View more questions Search